• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,261 Thanks
  • 735 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 11:15 PM

It's discomfort that changes behavior. This works all through life. If you are are cold, you are uncomfortable so you go inside or put on a coat. If you screw up as a kid, your parents punish you. The discomfort makes you change. Make them uncomfortable. You don't have to know who put the cigarette there, nor do you really care. Punish them all. Make them uncomfortable. When the discomfort gets unbearable, they will change their ways.

I have three boys and two rules at my house: 1). You can do what I say or 2) you can do what I say with a sore ass. The sore ass doesn't have to be literal. It could simply be chapped from the punishments that will be handed out. Doesn't matter to me. Life is full of choices.

Again, it's discomfort that drives behavior changes.
  • olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#17 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,818 Thanks
  • 3,363 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 04:59 AM

I have but 1 question here that could change the entire game..Massey are you also a smoker?
If so..your in for a bad time.. if your not then any and all above can apply.
In todays world you cant beat the kids (though, how some need it!)
You need to lead by example. As hard as it may be to do.. and at 50 with a 7yr and 4yr old kids ...it aint easy!!!!
Good luck my friend and hopefully these boys are good and look up to you with respect, if so the guilty one will fess up and hopefully try to set your mind to ease.. "yes Mr.Massey,it was I that put it there because I picked it up off the driveway and threw it away,it was cold I checked".)??
  • MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#18 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,252 Thanks
  • 1,505 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 09:32 AM

If so..yourI have but 1 question here that could change the entire game..Massey are you also a smoker?

No I'am a non smoker since 1991 .I've found out who the culprit was.Had a good talk with her [yes her] and told her what I expect when she's here. She did say that she had put it out before throwing it into the garbage can. I did explain that just because she put it out doesn't mean that it's out cold. Also told her to put any more butts into the stove or into the can that I have sitting there for the smoker's. Hopefully it will never happen again.

Thanks to all who have posted.

• MH81, skyrydr2 and Cat385B have said thanks

#19 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • Member No: 84305
  • 419 Thanks
  • 362 posts

Posted March 03, 2017 - 07:58 AM

Late to the game here...but this reminds me of the time me and a couple of my buddys had to scrub (yes scrub with a sponge) my buddys dads garage floor after he caught us spitting chew on it.

Never did it again.
  • MH81 and KennyP have said thanks