BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 3,911 Thanks
  • 2,307 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 01:56 PM

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

What are you wanting to do with the Garden Tractor? I use mine for everyday work, I don't like the older smaller models of garden tractors, they aren't very practical for what I need. I have a Simplicity 7016 with mower and rototiller. That model of simplicity was made between '75 and '79. I also use a Bolens HT23 which was made between '79 and '87. I do not dislike the old machines, but normally they are less user friendly.

My first garden tractor was a Sears Custom 7, it was a early 60's model, I ended up putting a 16hp brigs on it and the old thing would pull anything.

These garden tractors are fun to play with, but I want to warn you, you can NEVER just buy one, before you know it your whole garage will be full :poke:

• boyscout862 and MGP59DB have said thanks

#17 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 277 Thanks
  • 144 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 05:00 PM

My guess is that it is an S18 or an S19. S18's were the most common model to us a Kohler. I agree that the price is a little high.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#18 Bterrier OFFLINE  

Bterrier
  • Member No: 86028
  • 20 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 10:43 PM

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

What are you wanting to do with the Garden Tractor? I use mine for everyday work, I don't like the older smaller models of garden tractors, they aren't very practical for what I need. I have a Simplicity 7016 with mower and rototiller. That model of simplicity was made between '75 and '79. I also use a Bolens HT23 which was made between '79 and '87. I do not dislike the old machines, but normally they are less user friendly.

My first garden tractor was a Sears Custom 7, it was a early 60's model, I ended up putting a 16hp brigs on it and the old thing would pull anything.

These garden tractors are fun to play with, but I want to warn you, you can NEVER just buy one, before you know it your whole garage will be full :poke:

Honestly, I don't need the tractor for a specific function.  I am more purchasing based on style, history, etc.  At some point down the road, I would probably like to  purchase something that has the capability of adding a front loader for moving around mulch and soil, but that will wait for now.

Passed on the speedex.....I think with the help of everyone here, I was able to determine that it was not a great buy.

Now I have a lead on a Panzer for around $500. The guy should be sending a few photos tomorrow.  Not to get into value and pricing too much, but does $500 sound reasonable on a panzer?  Don't know model or condition yet, but from what I have noticed panzers seem to bring a bit more

#19 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,627 Thanks
  • 2,639 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 11:54 PM

a panzer is a rare old tractor, and even more rare are any implements made for them.  If it looks ok, not missing any parts, and runs good, that is a reasonable price.

Edited by Delmar, March 01, 2017 - 12:07 AM.

• boyscout862 and Bterrier have said thanks