Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
Wanted

Hitch assembly? for lawnboy gt18h (ford lgt18h)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mustard Tiger ONLINE  

Mustard Tiger
  • Member No: 84537
  • 81 Thanks
  • 88 posts

Posted February 27, 2017 - 07:26 PM

http://gardentractor...ge/37211-image/

I'm looking for that whole setup, the top piece that the top link for a 3 point hitch connects to (the thing with the warning sticker on it in the picture), the bottom part with the pins in it that some rear implements mount in, and the support arm connecting them together.  I have no idea if they originally came together or if the bottom bit came with tillers and the top part came with the tractors or what.

Edited by Mustard Tiger, February 27, 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,807 Thanks
  • 6,044 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 07:59 AM

If you have a good welding shop close, have them build you what you need.  That's what I did for my White 1655.  Had the rock shaft but nothing else.  Bought the ball ends and top link and built from there.  $150 plus parts which were about $60.  Doubt if you will find what you need for less than that.

#3 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,627 Thanks
  • 2,639 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 09:37 PM

ya, chieffan is right.  very hard to find stuff.  u could easily make a sleeve hitch for your ford.  u shaped bracket with a welded on plate on the side that a bar running from it to your rock shaft would raise and lower.  attach the u shaped hitch to those plates on your axle.  I did that for a ford I used to own.  Worked fine

#4 Mustard Tiger ONLINE  

Mustard Tiger
  • Member No: 84537
  • 81 Thanks
  • 88 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 12:31 PM

The top part came with the tractor I think.  Those are easy to find but seem to be hard to get someone to sell it without the tractor.  Every tractor I've seen has it except for the one I bought (of course).  The bottom is for mounting tillers (and other rear implements?), not a sleeve hitch.  If someone could measure theirs for me that would be great too.  The width is obvious and the size of the square hole for mounting the tiller is easy, but I don't know the distance off the axle it needs to be.

#5 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 314 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 05:10 PM

Wish you were closer, I have a gt18h with the 3pt. I would sell you the whole thing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted