Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

1960s Springfield Tractor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2135
  • 2,293 Thanks
  • 2,329 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 11:27 AM

Found this little gem thought someone may be interested.

For Sale: will sell or trade. if your into old riders ,this is one. around a 1960 model year.still decent shape. can send pics. will trade for ??????????????????????? let me know what you have. than i would like to trade for a small boat,flatbottom,10 or 12 foot,aluminum or plastic/fiberglass.
http://images.pennswoods.net/agdwd2ltYWdlchILEglGaWxlQ2FjaGUY-7fiAww

Located in DuBois Pa.

I bet Caseguy or vwBuzzmaster is gona jump on this one :rocker::rocker2::poke::rofl2:

Edit: Sorry forgot to put the link up.
Pennswoods.net Classifieds: Ad not found.

Edited by MH81, November 19, 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#2 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 12:34 PM

gee , thirty minutes from house, BUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 04:30 PM

Shawn, if you want to go get it for me then give me a call from this point on tonight at the house and I will tell you what it's worth to me.

#4 avv123 OFFLINE  

avv123

• Member No: 6387
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 05:21 PM

hello,

do you still have that springfield garden tractor for sale?
jeremy

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 05:29 PM

That is an ad off the internet that is a few months old. It is hard to say if the guy still has it. Jeremy, are you a Springfield collector like myself?

#6 avv123 OFFLINE  

avv123

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 02:48 PM

i am not a springfield collector. when i was a young boy on the farm my dad had a lawn tractor that i loved. it looked just like a one of my dads real tractors to me and i used to pretend i was farming with it. it did not run and for years i would attempt to work on it dreaming of getting to drive it. i was about 12 when i got it running. soon after that my parents divorced and everything on the farm was taken from us including that lawn tractor. i have looked for one off and on for years but never new what brand it was until a few days ago. for some reason i could not remember the brand and eveyone thought it was a wheel horse or a simplicity or something. i am so excited to finally have a chance to find one. i found a pic that is almost the exact one we had. it has been 22 years and cant wait to own one again if you have any info on any for sale let me know
thanks jeremy

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 01:27 AM

i am not a springfield collector. when i was a young boy on the farm my dad had a lawn tractor that i loved. it looked just like a one of my dads real tractors to me and i used to pretend i was farming with it. it did not run and for years i would attempt to work on it dreaming of getting to drive it. i was about 12 when i got it running. soon after that my parents divorced and everything on the farm was taken from us including that lawn tractor. i have looked for one off and on for years but never new what brand it was until a few days ago. for some reason i could not remember the brand and eveyone thought it was a wheel horse or a simplicity or something. i am so excited to finally have a chance to find one. i found a pic that is almost the exact one we had. it has been 22 years and cant wait to own one again if you have any info on any for sale let me know
thanks jeremy

Sorry I missed this a while back. I have several Springfields and I might be willing to part with one of them if it is what you are looking for. Beware, it will need work, and I am always hard pressed to sell any of my Springfields. By the way, did your Dad have Allis Chalmers tractors? I bought my first Springfield because it looked like a little Allis Chalmers.

#8 avv123 OFFLINE  

avv123

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 04, 2011 - 08:03 PM

no we did not have any allis chalmers tractor. we lived on a small dairy farm and owned a masey, john deere b , and international 560,,,, combines and such. great memories. i have a picture of a springfield that is a copy of what we had. i would like to show you but not sure how. let me know if there is a way to upload a pic

thanks for your time jeremy

#9 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 08:13 PM

jeremy- jus so ur aware....there is a model wheelhorse that is almost identical 2 the springfield 36 as far as apperance goes.

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 11:41 PM

i would like to show you but not sure how. let me know if there is a way to upload a pic

thanks for your time jeremy

Jeremy, uploading isn't a difficult task, there is a tutorial HERE

Step one does require that you usae the "Go Advanced" button under your quick reply box.

#11 Talbott5630 OFFLINE  

Talbott5630

• Member No: 7483
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:05 AM

Hi Folks,
Just joined today. I have restored a few old lawn tractors but currently have a 62 Springfield I bought from the original owner.

I would love to find a snow plow for mine. Does anyone know if they were ever produced, or where I could fine one?

Also if would like to find an original rear end. It occasionally jams between gears (looks like it's the shift gate), not a big issue but before I completely tear into it, I'd love to have a spare.

Thanks or your time..... Love the site

#12 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:37 AM

:welcometogttalk: Glad you found us. There will be someone along that knows the Springfields real well and can answer your question. Meanwhile, look things over and figure out how to post pics. We love pics! Help can be found here:http://gardentractor...ons-news-forum/

#13 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 02:04 PM

I am one of the highly knowledgable Springfield collectors. I have a lot of all of the cool stuff and information for Springfields. I can assure you they did in fact produce a blade for them (picture of one mounted on a Springfield 36 on my profile page). As for the transaxle they used peerless brand transaxles, which are found in many of the John Deeres if you need parts.
If you need better pictures of a Springfield blade I can upload some later.

#14 Talbott5630 OFFLINE  

Talbott5630

• Member No: 7483
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for the tip, I'm taking a look now. Has anyone seen any of the blades for sale, or know of a easy conversion? It's not life or death, I find myself looking for reasons to run the tractor and this would give me an excuse through the winter. Besides, my wife still thinks I baby the tractor too much and I'd love to show what this puppy can really do.

Thanks again for the comments

#15 avv123 OFFLINE  

avv123

• 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 07:17 PM

hello and i am sorry for the long delay in my reply. i definately am still looking for a springfield for sale if any one can help me out thanks