• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 veizter OFFLINE  

veizter
  • Member No: 84893
  • 9 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 06:17 PM

Hello , I am building a front loader for my bolens qt . the tractor is a hydro , my question is , can I use the tractor hydraulic system to power the loader . I plan on using  a 2 1/2" by 13 " stroke cylinder , 3/4" rod for the center lift . this is a front mount loader, so I think I can get away with the one cylinder for the lift . I still have to figure out the dump cylinder , but I think that will be the same as the lift cylinder .

• chieffan said thank you

#2 GardnMastr OFFLINE  

GardnMastr
  • Member No: 85758
  • 293 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 07:13 PM

Pi x R squared x 400 psi equals 1963 pounds of push for a 2 1/2" cylinder.
  • dropped82 and chieffan have said thanks

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,161 Thanks
  • 4,545 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 07:49 PM

Not sure about the Bolens, but most GT's have an auxillary pump for the loaders.

#4 firedudetl1 OFFLINE  

firedudetl1
  • Member No: 85281
  • 43 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 09:23 PM

http://www.pf-engineering.com/ 

- hopefully not "stepping on toes" but this site seems to have some pretty good plans - might be worth a look

#5 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,398 Thanks
  • 5,810 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 07:57 AM

Just something to think about - putting all the loader + load weight on the front of the tractor my not be such a good idea.  Not sure the front end will take it and without power steering would be a beast to steer.  The mid mounts move a lot of the weight to the back of the tractor to even it out a lot more.  Just saying ?

• dropped82 said thank you

#6 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,077 Thanks
  • 1,596 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 12:59 PM

Just something to think about - putting all the loader + load weight on the front of the tractor my not be such a good idea. Not sure the front end will take it and without power steering would be a beast to steer. The mid mounts move a lot of the weight to the back of the tractor to even it out a lot more. Just saying ?

I second that. I just installed a loader on my 1655 with no power steering. Without decent counter weight, it's a bear to steer and mines mid mounted like most traditional machines. Also, hanging one out front really limits it's use. If you wanna go that route, you might look into a Johnny bucket type setup. Theres a front mount loader out there called the buford bucket. Although I've not seen it on a tractor without power steering. Your hydro system will work but will be extremely slow. I also added a separate pump on the engine directly driven. Was pretty easy to do. Good luck.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#7 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 5,775 Thanks
  • 5,736 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 01:51 PM

Front loader without power steering will make you wish you had arms like Popeye.  :D

fff41cbfc42d24622a67fe8c0464c952.jpg

• 29 Chev said thank you

#8 veizter OFFLINE  

veizter
  • Member No: 84893
  • 9 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 08:46 PM

this project started out as a johny bucket , as I watched video's on utube it sort of changed into a Buford bucket . I originally was going to use electric 12 volt cylinders , but changed my mind and decided to use the hydraulic system on the tractor . the hydraulic lift cylinder on it now is extremely fast, so I thought I'd tie into the system and get the power for the lift . so far the framework is all mounted on the front of the tractor , if it don't work out I can easily add the framework for a standard loader . so far I have 100 dollars invested , and a lot of manhours .. the thing that's buggin me the most right now is the steering  .

• dropped82 said thank you