• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DirtBug OFFLINE  

DirtBug
  • Member No: 85877
  • 30 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 09:11 PM

Anyone know where I can get a drawing of the 3 point hitch WITH the dimensions? I would like to make a few of the easier parts myself, or piece together what I can.

Looking to spend less than a hundred at this point on a hitch because, well I don't have any attachments so I cant really justify spending too much preemptively. At the same time, the sooner I get a hitch, the sooner I can make attachments...

Thanks again!

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,166 Thanks
  • 7,598 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 09:53 PM

I built lower arms from bar stock, rounded out the ends to fit ball ends, you can buy from tractor catalogs, had the welded on, painted and Walla! Arms.  the lift links were heavy tube stock, cut off short, then cut off the one end to make a U-shape to go over the lower arms. Then weld a big nut, think 5/8" on remain side of that for threaded rod to be in to adjust. Think I got couple more of those balls and made just like PK ones with nut welded to center and little arms on sides. Hardest part was making the flat stock holders for that upper ball. Getting them bent right.  All the upper lift link is common metal sizes and easy to copy.

One note" Think I have a set of lower arms, original and painted and all. $20 plus shipping if any interest. These are actual PK parts, not made. Can get pictures if interested.

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,318 Thanks
  • 7,157 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 06:35 AM

Which style 3 point will you be building , my tractor has 2 threaded adjusters , with a ball socket with round ends to swivel sorry about the picture I can get better, but there were some simpler designs too . One picture was taken from a owners manual the other a 1976 bourse 3 point.2gif.gif 3 point.3gif.gif 3 point.gif  

Also the draw bar is slightly different , I'm not sure which works better but one mine it's hard to get the plow all the way to the one side , I can get it on but the bolt has to go from the bottom  up

Edited by Alc, February 22, 2017 - 06:38 AM.

• Austen said thank you

#4 DirtBug OFFLINE  

DirtBug
  • 30 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 07:33 AM

Gl that would be great I'll take you up on the offer for the lower arms. As far as which style I really like the one with the adjustable side link on both sides. My hydraulics are on the underside as well so it would be as close to this picture... PS this picture is off of Google and it very well could be from this site so I apologise for not giving proper photo credit.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2wrgq6b (1).jpg

#5 DirtBug OFFLINE  

DirtBug
  • 30 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 07:37 AM

Here's what's on there to work with...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20170129_184612.jpg

#6 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,575 Thanks
  • 1,135 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 02:05 PM

Hi Dirt well with the lower arms from GL you will be over half way there the hardest part is the lift links but they do show up on e bay at times as for the draw bar top link you can get them at a farm store the tractor mounted top link bracket is simple and easy enough to fabricate. This is a top link I have on one of my PK's

http://www.agrisuppl...r-tube/p/33344/

and this is a draw bar    http://www.agrisuppl...-holes/p/32565/

Here's a picture of the top link bracket

HPIM2116.JPG

#7 DirtBug OFFLINE  

DirtBug
  • 30 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 08:49 PM

Holy reasonable prices Batman!

Looks like this is really comming together, piece by piece... Can't wait!

#8 DirtBug OFFLINE  

DirtBug
  • 30 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted February 26, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Okay so I am trying to part out the leveling adjusters for the lower arms. I really like the ones in the picture I posted above, with the individual adjustment on both sides and the knobs on top. The problem is that I'm having a hard time finding the gimbals with the rods for brackets.

So I am considering going with something like this:

https://www.mcmaster...arings/=16iuw74

That would allow me to eliminate the side bracket as well. The only problem is now I believe we would be introducing a twisting stress...

Anyone know where to find the proper gamble with this type of bracket?

PS thanks for whoever turned me on to McMaster Carr... that site is AWESOME!

#9 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,575 Thanks
  • 1,135 posts

Posted February 26, 2017 - 11:51 AM

Hi Dirt, boy I wish and many other would like to know where to find those original parts, here's a CL listing that maybe of interest to you its a bit far but not a bad deal

https://fortwayne.cr...6001088387.html

Maybe a couple of these could be made to work

http://www.agrisuppl...gory-0/p/33343/

Or there is this to look over

http://www.agrisuppl...e-kit/p/101445/

• DirtBug said thank you

#10 DirtBug OFFLINE  

DirtBug
  • 30 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted February 26, 2017 - 12:10 PM

Nice that one on CL is a great deal, I wonder if he will sell some parts separate...

Thanks to glgrumpy I have the lower arms now, we are 90% there!

#11 eastcreek OFFLINE  

eastcreek
  • Member No: 85231
  • 32 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted February 27, 2017 - 06:23 PM

Someone posted that CL ad a few weeks ago. I wish it were closer. I missed a similar deal in RI by about an hour a few months ago. Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for one close enough to drive to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: powerking, 3 point, hitch, dimensions