• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Hydrotrack OFFLINE  

Hydrotrack
  • Member No: 35843
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for all these posts. I just purchased a Bolens 1886 Huskee Hydro, with a loader and 3pnt.

Runs great, and all Hydro works. No leaks at all. I have been searching for parts and manuals, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Also, I would love to restore this baby, so if anyone is close to upstate NY please message me, I would like to have her worked on and repainted.

Thanks all

#32 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 01:16 AM

Did Sonny's go out of business? I couldn't get their website to open - I just remember them selling Bolens parts (although I never dealt with them). Just curious if they are around anymore. 

Nick

Edit - just realized I skipped page two.. which explained that Sonny is MIA. Guess I will find out sometime if my experience with Sam is the same - as I had emailed him a short parts list for the HT20 and HT23. I sure hope he isn't rude, but by the sounds of everyone else's experiences - i'm probably going to end up with a short and unsweet email, if at all :(

Edited by nglauer, September 09, 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#33 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted September 09, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Did Sonny's go out of business? I couldn't get their website to open - I just remember them selling Bolens parts (although I never dealt with them). Just curious if they are around anymore. 

Nick

Edit - just realized I skipped page two.. which explained that Sonny is MIA. Guess I will find out sometime if my experience with Sam is the same - as I had emailed him a short parts list for the HT20 and HT23. I sure hope he isn't rude, but by the sounds of everyone else's experiences - i'm probably going to end up with a short and unsweet email, if at all :(

Try Bob.

http://gardentractor...arden-tractors/

Or Rick.

http://gardentractor...-tractor-parts/

#34 BuckBolens OFFLINE  

BuckBolens
  • Member No: 57134
  • 8 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 10:11 AM

Who has the best Decals. I have several Bolens. Looking for Lawn Keeper Decals now.   Sams Bolens has decals but I heard he is hard to deal with.  Any Help  ?????

#35 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 10:13 AM

Welcome to GTT :wave:

I think Sam is the only guy who has the lawn keeper decals instock,

There is one place called clickitandstick it that is a good source fro decals as well.

• BuckBolens said thank you

#36 kenny6448 OFFLINE  

kenny6448
  • Member No: 56965
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 11:08 AM

Can anyone help me find a spindle assy for a bolens model 1348 finish mower. part # is1812001

#37 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 02:05 PM

Who has the best Decals. I have several Bolens. Looking for Lawn Keeper Decals now.   Sams Bolens has decals but I heard he is hard to deal with.  Any Help  ?????

Sam is definitely not hard to deal with. He is dedicated to the vintage Bolens products. He also is not the least expensive guy around. That said, the quality of his decals is far superior to the quality of the ones I have seen elsewhere.

• blackjackjakexxix and BuckBolens have said thanks

#38 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 07:33 PM

I did find back in 2013 that Sam isn't the cheapest; far from it. I inquired about this:

"38" mower deck Model# 18417-01 and my search is for the gear case assembly. Part # 1716 413."

Got this for the quote:

"complete new gearbox $995.00".

I nearly sold my Bolens.

#39 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 07:55 PM

I did find back in 2013 that Sam isn't the cheapest; far from it. I inquired about this:

"38" mower deck Model# 18417-01 and my search is for the gear case assembly. Part # 1716 413."

Got this for the quote:

"complete new gearbox $995.00".

I nearly sold my Bolens.

Price is actually pretty reasonable for a complete NOS gearbox in my opinion .......

#40 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 11:51 AM

Who is the moderator for this it has bolens stuff up and is suppose to be a link to the simplicity manuals link

#41 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 12:06 PM

Who is the moderator for this it has bolens stuff up and is suppose to be a link to the simplicity manuals link

?????

This is the Bolens Forum......

#42 greystone OFFLINE  

greystone
  • Member No: 60100
  • 14 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted March 12, 2015 - 07:58 PM

I was given a Bolins 1250. it does not run. I love the thing. At my age I probably won't get it done. I'D love to bet it running. The wiring is bad. It needs new wiring but some of it is disconnected.Idon't know where it goes. Any help? bigporkyg@yahoo.com

#43 vtbolensfan OFFLINE  

vtbolensfan
  • Member No: 71390
  • 69 Thanks
  • 77 posts

Posted June 05, 2015 - 03:07 PM

Just thougt I would ad this because it is a thread on parts. I am working with a Machine shop now, looking into having some Bolens, large frame mower spindle parts made. The shafts, bearing hub and the blade mount.  The blade hub abd bearing hub are not going to look exacly like OEM, but they will work. The shaft should be very similar to OEM. I just gpot started on this so there is not much more to tell. I will keep the updates coming as I get them.

• Bruce Dorsi said thank you

#44 jmcdona OFFLINE  

jmcdona
  • Member No: 8916
  • 4 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 07:21 PM

I have to chime in on Sam's Bolens. I've owned a 1050 for decades, and it's my workhorse - grass cutting, snow blowing, tilling -  I absolutely love it!. I've visited this forum from time to time when I'm in need of some info - and this site has been great. I recently went on a search for a part for my Zenith carb, and tried Sam's. His response was timely, but when I requested a little more info regarding compatibility, his response was incredibly rude, short, and basically sending me elsewhere to  to do business. I can tolerate a lot, but really bad customer service bugs me. I don't get it - I will never consider Sam's going forward. 

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#45 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted June 08, 2015 - 07:42 PM

I have to chime in on Sam's Bolens. I've owned a 1050 for decades, and it's my workhorse - grass cutting, snow blowing, tilling -  I absolutely love it!. I've visited this forum from time to time when I'm in need of some info - and this site has been great. I recently went on a search for a part for my Zenith carb, and tried Sam's. His response was timely, but when I requested a little more info regarding compatibility, his response was incredibly rude, short, and basically sending me elsewhere to  to do business. I can tolerate a lot, but really bad customer service bugs me. I don't get it - I will never consider Sam's going forward. 

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience!

Seems like Sam's has been going downhill the past few years and I hear this alot about his responses back. Dont let him get to you , between myself and the other sponsors here we have everything you'll ever need for your Bolens or small engine needs! :thumbs:

• jmcdona said thank you