• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 JJuday OFFLINE  

JJuday

• Member No: 5194
  • 4 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted August 06, 2011 - 08:32 PM

Sonny's Farm and home supply. sonnysbolens.com.

#17 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted August 07, 2011 - 07:39 AM

Sonny's Farm and home supply. sonnysbolens.com.

Reason I didnt add that link is because there have been numerous customer complaints about that place. People not recieveing their orders ect.

#18 mark843 OFFLINE  

mark843

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2905
  • 15 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 02:03 PM

Reason I didnt add that link is because there have been numerous customer complaints about that place. People not recieveing their orders ect.

Good to know.

#19 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:19 PM

I just ordered parts from Jestin at tubeframes.com He was very easy to work with and very resonable on prices. Thanks for the connection.

#20 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:22 PM

I called Sonnys numerous times and got no reply back. I live 30 min away from him and ordered parts from east coast instead. Tubeframes.com service was 100 times better.

#21 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted January 10, 2012 - 07:06 PM

I have a 1978 Bolens TX 1500 diesel. It is getting so bad on compression that it can't start even if it is 80 degrees out and using starting fluid, Wondering which guy anyone knows that would have a overhaul kit for my engine?
Here is a pic of it.IMG_20120105_161729.jpg

#22 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted January 25, 2012 - 10:37 AM

I went to the web site www.repairmanuals4u.com and I found that they have a CD that I could order. On it is the operator manual, the service manual, and the the complete parts manual with all of the parts numbers for every bolt and part on it. They have other CD manual for the other models and other brands.
  • tom631 said thank you

#23 mj1015 OFFLINE  

mj1015

• Member No: 8476
  • 7 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for all the info we have 3 Bolens walk behinds we are working on and this info will help a lot. Thanks

#24 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted February 01, 2012 - 03:34 PM

We would love to see some pictures when you get a chance :wave:

#25 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hello! I'm new to the board here but I thought I'd throw my $0.02 in here first. I recently bought a 1967 Bolens 850 Tractor and I've been hunting down parts for it. After searching eBay without luck and doing some Google searches, I found two main places for parts - Sam's Bolens and Farmersville Equipment. I didn't come across this site until later, which there are some other places to try to find parts here I was not aware of, so good job putting this together! However, I thought I'd relay my experiences to help others.

I contacted Sam's Bolens first to try and find parts for my tractor. I E-mailed him what model tractor I had and what parts I was looking for. His reply to me was very short (and I felt rude) and he told me he was too busy to read lengthy E-mails and to look up parts and told me to get a manual, find teh part numbers I wanted, and just E-mail him the part numbers only! I did so and he finally responded back with his prices - which I thought were very expensive and borderline price-gouging! I thought he was taking advantage of the fact that these Bolens tractors are old and that parts, while not impossible, are hard to find. So, I kept looking around and did manage to find blades and a few other small parts locally. So, at the end of the week, not having any other luck, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the other parts I needed. So, I E-mailed him back and told him I was going to buy SOME of the parts - but not all of them. (This was over the course of about a week and a half BTW.) Well, so he responded back with a very short (and again rude) E-mail that just said, "I would suggest that you look for your parts for your tractor elsewhere then." What the hell is that supposed to mean? So, I didn't end up getting ANY parts I needed and I had to continue my search. I wouldn't recommend contacting this guy for ANY tractor parts at all as he seriously lacks any customer service skills and can be downright rude and nasty for no reason. Obviously he didn't need my business, so I have no problem not giving it to him then!

After that whole debacle, I ended up finding Farmersville Equipment on a Google search and contacted Tom Buch there in hopes he had parts for my Bolens. He doesn't do E-mail so well, so I had to call to get pricing and availability, which isn't a big deal. He had EVERYTHING I needed for my Bolens in stock and ready to go - and many items he had available used as well as new, which saved me quite a bit of money. On average, even on his new parts, he was almost HALF the price of Sam's Bolens prices and the used stuff was dirt cheap by comparison! His shipping was very reasonable too. It took a little while to get my parts (even though he's just down in PA a bit from me), but that was because he even sandblasted and painted the USED parts I ordered from him at no extra cost! This guy is amazing, I have to say, and everything I've gotten from him has been superb and at a very good price! Very highly recommend him. He also carries lots of parts for other brands of tractors as well, including Oliver Tractors.

So, those are my experiences so far. I'd highly recommend staying away from Sam's Bolens unless there is something ULTRA-RARE that you can't get ANYWHERE else and you definitely know he has it! But be ready to pay an arm and a leg for it and pray that you don't get him in a bad mood! lol!
  • Texas Deere and Horse, Bruce Dorsi and HJR have said thanks

#26 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted June 25, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Oh yeah, and I think Sonny's Bolens is out of business. I tried contacting them before I E-mailed Sam's Bolens. Their website is still up, but their E-mail address pops back as no good and their phone numbers listed on the website have been disconnected. IDK what happened there, if they got in trouble or something or just decided to get out of it? But then why is their website still up? Strange... But from the sounds of it, I guess people have been having trouble with Sonny's Bolens for a while anyways?
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#27 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 07:07 AM

Oh yeah, and I think Sonny's Bolens is out of business. I tried contacting them before I E-mailed Sam's Bolens. Their website is still up, but their E-mail address pops back as no good and their phone numbers listed on the website have been disconnected. IDK what happened there, if they got in trouble or something or just decided to get out of it? But then why is their website still up? Strange... But from the sounds of it, I guess people have been having trouble with Sonny's Bolens for a while anyways?

I think your right. I have heard from a few other people that sonny has disappeared and you cant find him.
It's really sad how the whole place went down hill, I just hope all those NOS parts he has dont get thrown away. Hopefully if the place is shut down for good they have an auction instead of just backing up a dumpster :(
  • MailmAn said thank you

#28 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hello! I'm new to the board here but I thought I'd throw my $0.02 in here first. I recently bought a 1967 Bolens 850 Tractor and I've been hunting down parts for it. After searching eBay without luck and doing some Google searches, I found two main places for parts - Sam's Bolens and Farmersville Equipment. I didn't come across this site until later, which there are some other places to try to find parts here I was not aware of, so good job putting this together! However, I thought I'd relay my experiences to help others.

I contacted Sam's Bolens first to try and find parts for my tractor. I E-mailed him what model tractor I had and what parts I was looking for. His reply to me was very short (and I felt rude) and he told me he was too busy to read lengthy E-mails and to look up parts and told me to get a manual, find teh part numbers I wanted, and just E-mail him the part numbers only! I did so and he finally responded back with his prices - which I thought were very expensive and borderline price-gouging! I thought he was taking advantage of the fact that these Bolens tractors are old and that parts, while not impossible, are hard to find. So, I kept looking around and did manage to find blades and a few other small parts locally. So, at the end of the week, not having any other luck, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the other parts I needed. So, I E-mailed him back and told him I was going to buy SOME of the parts - but not all of them. (This was over the course of about a week and a half BTW.) Well, so he responded back with a very short (and again rude) E-mail that just said, "I would suggest that you look for your parts for your tractor elsewhere then." What the hell is that supposed to mean? So, I didn't end up getting ANY parts I needed and I had to continue my search. I wouldn't recommend contacting this guy for ANY tractor parts at all as he seriously lacks any customer service skills and can be downright rude and nasty for no reason. Obviously he didn't need my business, so I have no problem not giving it to him then!

After that whole debacle, I ended up finding Farmersville Equipment on a Google search and contacted Tom Buch there in hopes he had parts for my Bolens. He doesn't do E-mail so well, so I had to call to get pricing and availability, which isn't a big deal. He had EVERYTHING I needed for my Bolens in stock and ready to go - and many items he had available used as well as new, which saved me quite a bit of money. On average, even on his new parts, he was almost HALF the price of Sam's Bolens prices and the used stuff was dirt cheap by comparison! His shipping was very reasonable too. It took a little while to get my parts (even though he's just down in PA a bit from me), but that was because he even sandblasted and painted the USED parts I ordered from him at no extra cost! This guy is amazing, I have to say, and everything I've gotten from him has been superb and at a very good price! Very highly recommend him. He also carries lots of parts for other brands of tractors as well, including Oliver Tractors.

So, those are my experiences so far. I'd highly recommend staying away from Sam's Bolens unless there is something ULTRA-RARE that you can't get ANYWHERE else and you definitely know he has it! But be ready to pay an arm and a leg for it and pray that you don't get him in a bad mood! lol!

When Sam first started selling parts years ago he was one of the friendliest guys out there. He answered the phone in a few rings, he would get back to your e-mails almost instantly. As the years progressed he seemed to be responding back slower and slower to e-mails and phone calls. I was always happy with his service up until a few months ago.
When I requested for parts he e-mailed back and said he couldn't be bothered. He also seemed to have got very rude. I now try and stay away from him unless there is something I absolutely need that no one else has. Sam used to be my first guy to go to for parts but now he is the last guy I would go to.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#29 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 06:10 PM

Heres a guy to try, Mike Harshbarger at mph1958@ yahoo.com He has been trading selling and buying for 30 years. Met him at the Portland show this fall. phone 937-621-nine three two one. Said he owned over 150 bolens items, and he did not deal in the white and green newer stuff, tubeframes were his specilty.
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#30 carbidegrinder OFFLINE  

carbidegrinder
  • Member No: 14126
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 11:08 AM

Does anybody know where I could find a mower deck for a 1400 eliminator? I have the pto and the belt attchements, so it doesnt matter what kind of drive system the deck has. I just need one. Thanks
Chris