• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 1,943 Thanks
  • 1,008 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 09:26 AM

When I used that blower on my Horse, I had a problem with steering. When I tried to turn, it would slide the wheels. I tried the roller chain around the front wheels, but it wouldn't stay on. Does the Ag front tires fix all that?

Nope , I have to grab the lift handle of the blower to make a sharp turn, I would gladly swap these for some tri-ribs or even the tires that come on the sears (the skinny ones). As far as snow goes there is nothing I like about the AG's.

• LilysDad said thank you

#17 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,501 Thanks
  • 9,330 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 12:52 PM

Front end weight is probably the only answer. If you put slight lift on the blower, it will weight the front wheels, but leave a layer of snow behind.

#18 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 1,943 Thanks
  • 1,008 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 01:10 PM

Front end weight is probably the only answer. If you put slight lift on the blower, it will weight the front wheels, but leave a layer of snow behind.

I only slightly pull on the lift to add weight to the front wheels don't actually lift it off the ground , just enough to make the turn.

#19 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 1,943 Thanks
  • 1,008 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 03:51 PM

Update , it was a rough day , the Sears broke for the very first time , The cotter pin that holds the clutch assembly together sheared off and popped out, my wife shut it down right away and saved us from any damage. The look on her face as I told her it was broken was priceless, she really loves her tractor. With 16'-18" of snow on the ground still I was not in the mood to even look at it so I jumped on the horse and started to work. I don't even get 15' then my chute cable pops off so now I can't adjust my chute, slightly annoyed I keep blowing. after I get the area cleared for the garage I decided to stop and see whats wrong with the sears, got that fixed in a short amount of time, and then we finished up the yard. 

Will post some photos later....

20170216_144505 (1).jpg

Here is one for now

• KennyP, LilysDad, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#20 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 1,943 Thanks
  • 1,008 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 07:47 PM

Ok here are the pictures its like living a little snow village , snow banks are taller then us and we are running out of room to put this stuff. I have called in reinforcements My little garden tractors have done enough and have fought hard but its to much to handle the task of clearing this mess. 

20170216_144445.jpg

UPS said they left a package at my front door , I told her I don't think that is possible .

20170216_144537.jpg

My wifes Station wagon has transformed into an igloo or a van. 

20170216_144454.jpg

Snow banks on each side are getting to tall I should have started cutting these wider a long time ago, hoping the snow ends soon or its going to be hard to get two cars trough there.

20170213_095758.jpg

20170216_144551.jpg

Just two more awesome shots of the beast, pure snow throwing action. Got me to this point anyway .....eeeeheeeh

Ok so now I must have you wondering what reinforcements? 

20170216_144430.jpg

My neighbor has a big boy , I have repaired this and have helped him with his services so he will help me at anytime. 

20170216_144421.jpg

I had him come in and bust up this bank for me we have walled our self in and don't have room to put any snow, I will have him continue this hole he started till he reaches the bog then we will have a patch to push it though as we get nice days and want to drive our garden tractors. 

• Bolens 1000, KennyP, MFDAC and 3 others have said thanks

#21 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,288 Thanks
  • 2,386 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 08:34 PM

You have been getting your share of snow and a lot of other peoples as well judging by the pictures.  I had to blow snow this morning but only had a few spots where there were 12" drifts.  Maybe you need to ditch the lucky rabbits feet and find some snow shoes???  Hope when it starts to melt that it goes away slowly so you don't get flooded - take care and be safe.

• KennyP, propane1 and John Arsenault have said thanks

#22 EricR ONLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 580 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 09:44 PM

Nice clean-up crew John, I have never seen that much in one place in my life time,lol!!!!!

• John Arsenault said thank you

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,889 Thanks
  • 44,620 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 04:45 AM

Glad you had backup! That's a bunch!

#24 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 1,943 Thanks
  • 1,008 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 07:44 AM

Nice clean-up crew John, I have never seen that much in one place in my life time,lol!!!!!

Trust me I was raised in Florida , This is the 1st time in my life I have ever seen this much snow.  My first year up here we only had shovels, Heck I never even knew what a snow blower was. 

• EricR said thank you

#25 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 1,943 Thanks
  • 1,008 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 07:58 AM

You have been getting your share of snow and a lot of other peoples as well judging by the pictures.  I had to blow snow this morning but only had a few spots where there were 12" drifts.  Maybe you need to ditch the lucky rabbits feet and find some snow shoes???  Hope when it starts to melt that it goes away slowly so you don't get flooded - take care and be safe.

As it starts to warm, we will be getting rid of it into the bog in our back yard. I am a wood carver and work from my home mostly so I need a carving area. 

News report says we got 60" this past week  and that we have had a record snow fall , last time it was like this was in the late 60's I was wondering when I heard that , if that was the motivation behind the original purchaser buying the Sears Suburban in 68 and or if this machine had anything to do with that clean up. .....I can only imagine how much snow these things have moved through out the years. Just looking at what we got is a lot but  add 49 years to that.

• KennyP, 29 Chev and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#26 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,288 Thanks
  • 2,386 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 08:49 AM

Reminds me of the winters we used to get back in the 60's , 70's, and 80's where we would see lots of snow and usually by Christmas the banks along the highways would be 5 ft to 6ft high.  I remember a few times going to bed at night and it had just started snowing and by the next morning there would be a 4 ft drift half way up the shop roll up door thanks to the wind - do not miss those days at all.  We are supposed to go above freezing here today and around 40 degrees F for highs for the next week so we will probably be back to ice again before our snow dissappears - be safe and think spring

• propane1 and John Arsenault have said thanks

#27 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 331 Thanks
  • 471 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 05:37 PM

Missed the snow this year and I'm glad too but I will probloe get hit hard next year

Edited by pick-to-stone, February 17, 2017 - 05:37 PM.

#28 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 8,128 Thanks
  • 3,932 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 08:39 PM

Looks the same here in PEI, John. My garden tractors can't throw the snow high enough to get it away. But I still work away at it as best I can, my father allways said, ya gotta have room for the next storm. So on it goes, winter, it's going by and so far no more snow in sight for the next week or so.

Noel

#29 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 935 Thanks
  • 417 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 07:27 AM

My dad had a 16hp Ariens to blow snow and mow the lawn. some time around 1976 he had 2 years of snow like this where even the snow fences we put up didn't help with the drifting into the drive way. After he worked this drifting job down so the drive was open he went and bought a 7 foot bur vac blower for his 2000 Ford. The 2000 didn't have live power so when the snow was deep and heavy it was a lot of work opening the drive on the first pass. Dad got to putting the blower on my Ford 5000 and it did have live power and also a low range in the trans so it worked a lot better.

scan0001-1.jpg

:D   Al

• KennyP and John Arsenault have said thanks