• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 06:45 AM

Woke up, turned on TV and a Morning show is saying "Erie" and "Meadville"

Got my attention.

Big storm coming due south off the lake, calling for 75 MPH winds and golfball sized hail.

Looks like it will have quite a head of steam, everyone be safe up here, they are calling for it to weaken a little by the time it hits Pittsburgh.

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 07:06 AM

Is the weather always this extreme in the U.S. or is this a bad year. We are spared most of the extreme weather because of the cold Atlantic ocean. Tornados and severe thunder storms make me cringe!

#3 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 07:31 AM

Is the weather always this extreme in the U.S. or is this a bad year. We are spared most of the extreme weather because of the cold Atlantic ocean. Tornados and severe thunder storms make me cringe!

Just one of those bad years.

#4 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 08:18 AM

Just one of those bad years.

:ditto:

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 09:28 AM

Who really knows? Call me a skeptic if you will. But I'm not convinced on the theories of Climate Change.
Depending on which expert you talk to the earth is either 10,000 yrs old or 10 billion years old.
in either event we have only been keeping accurate weather record since the 1880's. 131 yrs against the age of the earth does not seem to be an accurate sampling. And I wonder why scientists are preaching climate change as gospel when they would not accept such minute statistics in any other field.
Anothe opinion of mine is the age old "Follow th money" their getting grants to spead panic.

So is it really that bad or is it a normal cycle of events? And how many years make up a normal cycle?

My honest belief is that this stuff has always happened. It's just with our instant communicatios we hear about it all now and did not in the past.

And was being clueless all that bad?

Edited by JD DANNELS, June 07, 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 09:33 AM

Stay safe Alan and all else up that way.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 10:39 AM

Stay safe Alan and all else up that way.

Still standing. Few trees down. Most went to the west of us, hope everyone out there is OK.

Casey, headed your way next. Should be there in a couple more hours.
Hopefully, they are right & it'll diminish before it gets very far.

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 11:44 AM

I am not a firm believer in a lot of the crap they feed us. It is just like when a new study finds that one thing is bad for you and within about 5 years you hear the complete opposite. It is just money being wasted that we all pay for in the end. When the time comes for the world to come to an end, does it really matter who studied what or predicted what? We are all going to be particles floating in space when the time comes. If you live life worried about it all the time then there isn't much enjoyment out of life. Better off living each day like it is your last.

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 01:50 PM

Still standing. Few trees down. Most went to the west of us, hope everyone out there is OK.

Casey, headed your way next. Should be there in a couple more hours.
Hopefully, they are right & it'll diminish before it gets very far.

It just left here, and it was bad, dad and I were trailering our friend's backhoe back to his house and its only a few mile trip but the rains were bad enough to create next to zero visibility. We were dodging trees and branches in the road the whole way and our friend was driving just ahead of us, all with our flashers on. Worst part was that we had to come back, huge tree fell across his road!! So we had to repeat the exercise going back!

The creek isnt up yet, which is scary, and Dad and I moved the 444 out of the back shed (the one that flooded last month). It was a long slow drive on it to my shop porch but its there, and making a ugly noise from the halfway point on. I did NOT want to stop until I got there, noise or not. Sad part is it would have been no wetter if I had just parked it in the front yard!!

Watch out guys, this storm is nasty, get your affairs in order before it hits!!

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 02:49 PM

The last 3 years have been all extremes where the weather was concerned. Either blazing hot or cold, sopping wet, or bone dry. After the horribly wet spring, things are awfully dry here from the heat we're having. Teresa is watering the garden today. The normal days are too few & far between.

#11 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 02:57 PM

It hit us just after 9:00. I didn't notice the wind here. The rain was coming down in buckets full though!

#12 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 03:03 PM

It hit us just after 9:00. I didn't notice the wind here. The rain was coming down in buckets full though!

Looked like an Olympic swimming pool blew apart here!!

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:40 PM

Call me a skeptic if you will. But I'm not convinced on the theories of Climate Change.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A POLITICAL STATEMENT

I have never really subscribed to global anything weather wise. I did a little research on it when it was still "Global Warming", and discovered the following information.

There have been 5 different times in the last 100 years that the think-tanks have predicted pending weather doom. Alternating between Warmups and Ice ages, they have never been right. I have to politely disagree with the now generic "Climate Change" as a "one size fits all", no matter what the changes may be.

Another thing, there was a Volcanic eruption around the turn of the century that caused a full year of winter in many places around the world. It took a while for normalcy to return weather wise. This caused a skew in the "Averages".

Not one to stir things up, I do believe that we should work towards cleaner ideas. As long as those ideas do not come at major detriment to the level of civilization we are all striving to achieve.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 04:43 PM

Glad everyone is OK.
Casey, once the 444 gets the water outta it's shorts, it will hopefully work right.

#15 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 05:08 PM

I don't know what to think Alan, might just have George mess with it for a month or two. :D