Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,963 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 10:09 PM

I agree!
This should be for the 1 and gone classifieds too!!!!!!!!!!!

We had the classifieds at Ten posts, but members were complaining that they were possibly missing out on deals because one off sellers couldn't post.
  • Xrperry said thank you

#17 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 10:15 PM

The 1 off sellers that aren't contributing?

Almost ties into the "other thread running today"

Ok. Nuff said. :)

Edited by stiemmy, February 13, 2017 - 10:17 PM.

• Gtractor and Xrperry have said thanks

#18 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,963 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 10:16 PM

It appears that manual is no longer available.
Thank you, whoever you are.
  • Bolens 1000, Gtractor, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#19 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 2,073 Thanks
  • 1,061 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 11:34 PM

why can't the manuals be water marked with gtt logo?? I am sure thousands of people joined this site just for manuals and never posted, maybe moderators should change it so have to post 25 times before downloading.

Problem with that is , people like me that have down loaded a manual and have read many post with all good intention of fixing up my tractors. Plus when you factor in supply and demand, making a manual harder to get just makes them more valuable to the people that steal them and sell them. If anything I would think flooding the market with manuals would  make their value meaningless. 

• oldedeeres said thank you

#20 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 11:40 PM

Problem with that is , people like me that have down loaded a manual and have read many post with all good intention of fixing up my tractors. Plus when you factor in supply and demand, making a manual harder to get just makes them more valuable to the people that steal them and sell them. If anything I would think flooding the market with manuals would  make their value meaningless.

Maybe a translucent watermark is the way to go? The only bad side to this is, color shading from programs like photoshop!

#21 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,198 Thanks
  • 8,902 posts

Posted February 14, 2017 - 12:26 AM

No matter where you go or do there will be the jerks that think they should exploit anything that they can. Most of them are thieves and/or politicians. Don't let them ruin what is a good thing. I think that we should just accept that there will be some abuses but not get too upset. It sounded like this problem was addressed,

I remember the bird of paradise song from 1965 by Little Jimmy Dickens. I think that he was trying to follow Roger Miller with some of his humorous songs. Good Luck, Rick
  • Bolens 1000, EricFromPa, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#22 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,392 Thanks
  • 3,018 posts

Posted February 14, 2017 - 11:36 AM

Yep he stole pretty much every manual without a watermark in the library and printed them off and is trying to sell them.Several of the Gilson manuals I know for a fact are either from here or the old Gilson Yahoo group which was deleted several years ago.I saved a bunch of them and posted them on the new Gilsoncollectors yahoo group and here.MTF doesn't even have the 70,71,72,73,74 and 75 year Gilson tractor manuals and yet there they are on Ebay.

Here notice the messed up font in the 1975 Gilson manual front page.I'm the one that modified it in MS paint lol.The original scan was really light.

http://gardentractor...ed-parts-lists/

http://www.ebay.com/...=item361208c408

I reported several of them as stolen property.You can report them to.Small button just above the Ebay Item Number on the right side.Lets get his butt shut down It doesn't take many reports of stolen property for Ebay to shut him down.

HAHAHA he did a Huge NO NO.Copying and Selling copyrighted materal.tisk tisk tisk Wonder if he's getting enough money to pay the copyright infringement fines.He has sold and is selling copies of JD manuals here's 1.

http://www.ebay.com/...-/232230620384?

Professionally Reimaged paper book Spiral bound w/ Protective covers.” So he's selling Photocopied or scanned copies.

Reported all of his JD manual copies as Copyrighted material.I don't think he's going to have an Ebay account very long that's a serious offense and Ebay doesn't mess around when it comes to stuff like that.Ebay could get fined heavily if they allow that to happen.

Edited by EricFromPa, February 14, 2017 - 11:53 AM.

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, MH81 and 8 others have said thanks

#23 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,392 Thanks
  • 3,018 posts

Posted February 14, 2017 - 12:11 PM

If he would donate a good portion of what he's making off of them to GTtalk I wouldn't feel so bad but what he's doing is total BS.Sorry but this makes me a bit angry.

Edited by EricFromPa, February 14, 2017 - 12:12 PM.

• Bolens 1000, MH81, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#24 Leonard VanCamp ONLINE  

Leonard VanCamp
  • Member No: 62684
  • 425 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted February 14, 2017 - 12:21 PM

Looking at his history it looks like he does this with any manual he can get a hold of and he's been doing it for a long time.

• MH81, EricFromPa and boyscout862 have said thanks

#25 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,072 Thanks
  • 1,518 posts

Posted February 14, 2017 - 01:15 PM

just looking at his listings what a rip off who spends 60 to 100 bucks on a repro manual. he is selling a simplicity 700 manual for 62.99 I purchased an original on for 15 bucks of ebay the same one
  • Bolens 1000, MH81, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#26 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 2,073 Thanks
  • 1,061 posts

Posted February 14, 2017 - 05:41 PM

Yep he stole pretty much every manual without a watermark in the library and printed them off and is trying to sell them.Several of the Gilson manuals I know for a fact are either from here or the old Gilson Yahoo group which was deleted several years ago.I saved a bunch of them and posted them on the new Gilsoncollectors yahoo group and here.MTF doesn't even have the 70,71,72,73,74 and 75 year Gilson tractor manuals and yet there they are on Ebay.

Here notice the messed up font in the 1975 Gilson manual front page.I'm the one that modified it in MS paint lol.The original scan was really light.

http://gardentractor...ed-parts-lists/

http://www.ebay.com/...=item361208c408

I reported several of them as stolen property.You can report them to.Small button just above the Ebay Item Number on the right side.Lets get his butt shut down It doesn't take many reports of stolen property for Ebay to shut him down.

HAHAHA he did a Huge NO NO.Copying and Selling copyrighted materal.tisk tisk tisk Wonder if he's getting enough money to pay the copyright infringement fines.He has sold and is selling copies of JD manuals here's 1.

http://www.ebay.com/...-/232230620384?

“Professionally Reimaged paper book Spiral bound w/ Protective covers.” So he's selling Photocopied or scanned copies.

Reported all of his JD manual copies as Copyrighted material.I don't think he's going to have an Ebay account very long that's a serious offense and Ebay doesn't mess around when it comes to stuff like that.Ebay could get fined heavily if they allow that to happen.

Thank you for taking the time to submit this report.This information is very important to us, so please be assured that we will thoroughly review it and take action if necessary.

If there's a violation, the action we take depends on how it impacts our community. In some cases, we explain the situation to the seller, and the listing will remain on our website. If the item or listing doesn't follow our rules, we may cancel the listing. We may also restrict the seller's buying and selling activities on eBay.

To protect our users' privacy, we're unable to share the action we take. Thanks for understanding.

Note: You don't need to contact us again. Doing so would create a new report and prolong the process.

• Bolens 1000, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#27 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,539 Thanks
  • 1,351 posts

Posted February 14, 2017 - 06:35 PM

This is why when I am not the owner of a manual I lead the person asking for it to the site it is on.If it is not mine I do not add it to the manuals for anybody to have.I have went thru some of  his and I guess he did not think mine would sale 

Edited by drbish, February 14, 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#28 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,597 Thanks
  • 2,806 posts

Posted February 18, 2017 - 06:57 AM

I just went to his eBay store he has 34 pages of manuals an buy now there 14% off right now lol This scum needs to be shut down.
  • Sawdust said thank you

#29 Kster526 OFFLINE  

Kster526
  • Member No: 77872
  • 772 Thanks
  • 511 posts

Posted February 18, 2017 - 07:14 AM

Wrong in so many ways. Profiting from the good of others. I hope you guys can identify them/him
or who ever is responsible. I cannot figure out why people pay that kind of $$$
for photo copied pages.
  • backwoods and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks

#30 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,072 Thanks
  • 1,518 posts

Posted February 18, 2017 - 07:36 AM

I just went to his eBay store he has 34 pages of manuals an buy now there 14% off right now lol This scum needs to be shut down.

I noticed that too he has over 1500 manuals for sale and numerous copyrighted material. all of its ridiculous priced
  • Leonard VanCamp said thank you