• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Case-Closed OFFLINE  

Case-Closed
  • Member No: 13397
  • 290 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 10:58 PM

I recently had to repair the front axle pivot pin on my 646. Before I did the welding job on it I looked for a possible replacement. I found a couple of different types of so called new and improved pins on ebay and other sites. I am interested in hearing from others who have used them before I fork over the hard earned cash especially if they provide no real improvement.

#2 ssmewing OFFLINE  

ssmewing
  • Member No: 53022
  • 41 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 07:47 AM

The front axle pin for the 600 series is not the same as for the rest of the Case GT's.

Watch your tie rod when you turn your wheel to full turn and you will see it is at the end of the axle pin.

• Case-Closed said thank you

#3 Case-Closed OFFLINE  

Case-Closed
  • Member No: 13397
  • 290 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 11:42 PM

What got me started on this was noticing the little bracket that holds the pin in place was broke off and the pin was backing out. This extra movement was making left turns a bit tough. The replacement pins usually have a washer at either end with a hole down the pin to squeeze the works together with. The bolt seems a bit small for the job so I intend to build my own using heavy wall mechanical tubing and a very large grade eight bolt to squeeze it all together.