#1 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 05:45 PM

Had a ad on CL, and got a call from this nice older gal wanting to clear the shop. I wasn't really too excited after the last 1050 tobbocle that I experienced, and I'm not really looking for 1 too hard anyway, but...thought what the heck, I'll go look.

The lady selling the tractor is SUPER nice. We sat, and talked about an hour, maybe two. Who knows, but super sweet older gal. Turns out, her husband has been dead for a long time, and she wants to clean house. She said this old gal been sitting in the shop for 20+ years, and she wants it gone.

Its gonna need cleaning, batt, fluids, and the rats nest cleaned out, but is in super original shape. It comes with a deck, rear weights, blower, and a blade.

The engine is free, and the tractor looks complete. The deck, blade, and blower have what looks to be the correct goodies to go along with, and even has 2 universals for the deck/blower. Infact, 1 is new.

Wish I had more pics, but was somewhat in a hurry as the wind is crazy here today. Even though we were indoors, the wind blowing in was cold.

The deal has been made, and I'm going to go get it in a couple three weeks. Again, sorry, wish I had more pics. The condition of this thing is very nice! Yep, Stiemmy finally got a tuber!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170212_140952.jpg
  • 20170212_141010.jpg
  • 20170212_141021.jpg

• Bolens 1000, wilberj, LPBolens and 11 others have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,809 Thanks
  • 18,054 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 06:02 PM

Nice Buy!

• blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862 and stiemmy have said thanks

#3 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 06:37 PM

Nice Buy!

Thank you!
Think I did alrigh on this ol gal. Haven't been really looking as stated in my original post, but she too nice to be left alone not havin any love. Cant wait to get her spit polished, and running.

Edited by stiemmy, February 12, 2017 - 06:48 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862 and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#4 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,938 Thanks
  • 5,566 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 06:58 PM

Wow very clean 1050.  Its a 1969 by the way.  Your serial number is the highest serial number I have and it moved the total 1050s I know of made up 1,700 tractors to now a total of 33,731 1050s made over both modal runs.    That is a lot of tractors!     YOu dont happens to have the engine numbers do you?

• Bolens 1000, boyscout862, stiemmy and 1 other said thanks

#5 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,938 Thanks
  • 5,566 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 07:00 PM

Nice Buy!

Hey look at the hood decals....   Sense this is the highest serial number 1050 I know of maybe those 850 decals you were asking about have to do with the late modal 1969 850s... 

• Bolens 1000, ClassicBolens, stiemmy and 1 other said thanks

#6 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 07:14 PM

Wow very clean 1050. Its a 1969 by the way. Your serial number is the highest serial number I have and it moved the total 1050s I know of made up 1,700 tractors to now a total of 33,731 1050s made over both modal runs. That is a lot of tractors! YOu dont happens to have the engine numbers do you?

Thank you.

That's a negative. I took a quick peek under the bonnet, made sure she turned over by hand, admired the rats nest, and started on the brass tacs. I can definitely get them to you Wilber, but you may have to remind me once I pick it up!!!!

Wow, I didn't realize the serial was so high up. Of course, I dont know all there is to know on these, but still good to know you got my back on this one;)

Edited by stiemmy, February 12, 2017 - 08:01 PM.

• wilberj and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,809 Thanks
  • 18,054 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 07:23 PM

Good catch wilberj!

That is an interesting machine, the shift decal is also the 1970 chrome decal, I bet they ran out of old ones so just figured throw the new style on the last runs of these 1969 models.

• wilberj, LPBolens, ClassicBolens and 1 other said thanks

#8 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 07:51 PM

I can certainly add more detailed pics, or whatever you need to add to the forums once in my possession.

Edited by stiemmy, February 12, 2017 - 08:02 PM.

• wilberj and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#9 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 1,243 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 08:57 PM

Sweet find! I have a early serial # 800 that also has some funky stuff going on with the decals and even the engine. Wish we really knew what Bolens did and how many they did it too! That certainly was well cared for!
  • blackjackjakexxix and stiemmy have said thanks

#10 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 09:28 PM

Sweet find! I have a early serial # 800 that also has some funky stuff going on with the decals and even the engine. Wish we really knew what Bolens did and how many they did it too! That certainly was well cared for!

Thank you!
Time will tell with Bolens secrets, but until then, we can only just keep digging 4 the answers;)
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#11 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 449 Thanks
  • 452 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 09:44 PM

Nice clean machine. That's a good find.
  • blackjackjakexxix and stiemmy have said thanks

#12 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Member No: 2194
  • 2,871 Thanks
  • 2,076 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 09:56 PM

Very nice find,unbelievable shape it's still in,cleaned up and one of 29 Chev reproduction seat covers and would be one of the nicest original 1050'so out there
  • LPBolens, stiemmy, 29 Chev and 1 other said thanks

#13 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 10:01 PM

Nice clean machine. That's a good find.

Thank you!!!!

It's almost hard to believe these can sit that long without becoming a shelf for junk, dented, scratched, or just altogether thrown out. It certainly isn't perfect, but is definitely nice. My original plan was to toss in 1 of the Wisconsin twin engines I have into it, but she's too nice 4 that. I'll have to post a video of the 1st start as I always do.

Gonna have to figure out a way to hang these boogers from the ceiling, I'm plain, NO, have been plain outta room!!!!!

Thank god I can't afford car's, or truck's;)
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#14 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 10:08 PM

Very nice find,unbelievable shape it's still in,cleaned up and one of 29 Chev reproduction seat covers and would be one of the nicest original 1050'so out there

Thank you Rick!!!!!!;) This certainly was the luck of the draw for me. Yes, Bolens made gazillions of these, but why not have a cosmetically nice unit. Hope I can get er runnin??

Super great call on 29Chev's super high quality covers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, it's that nice, IF, I can afford it, I will get 1.
  • blackjackjakexxix and 29 Chev have said thanks

#15 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,473 Thanks
  • 2,458 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 01:45 PM

Nice find - that looks like a very clean, unmolested 1050.  The Large Frame tractors are definitely in a class by themselves but the tubeframes like the 1050 are definitely workhorses as well as being able to maneuver into tighter spots on a lawn that a Large Frame won't fit through.

The hood and transmission decals are an interesting discovery as the second 1050 I got years ago had the same style hood decal and the chrome decals for the shifter pattern and PTO lever.  The tractor hood had been painted with a brush and the tractor did not have the original engine (it had a 6 HP Honda mounted on it and a TRA12D Wisconsin in pieces with a broken camshaft) so I just assumed that someone had made one tractor out of two and had gotten the hood decals made but have always wondered about the newer style decals.  My 1050 has the later black coloured steering wheel the same as yours and also the return spring on the brake arm linkage (not sure when they added the spring).  The serial number on the tag was badly weather faded so I could never figure out the serial number but did take a few pictures of the decals and the ID tag before I repainted it which I will attach.  I am curious if the dash support on your tractor has the studs that the dash mounts on spot welded to the support and has a large operator, service / caution decal on the dash support below the dash like mine did.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.  

Attached Thumbnails

• 1 Dash Support Decal.jpg
  • 2 Hood Decal.jpg
  • 3 Front Of Hood.jpg
  • 4 Model Tag.jpg
  • 5 Model Tag.jpg
  • 6 Transmission Decals.jpg
  • 7 Transmission And PTO Decal.jpg

• Bolens 1000, LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and 2 others have said thanks