• boyscout862 said thank you

#17 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,843 Thanks
  • 8,682 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 07:37 PM

Rick, glad to hear you dodged that one.

Thanks, it just missed. I have been very lucky over the past 65 years. Alot of things have just missed me.  Many times I had close ones with my old dozer. I've gotten too comfortable with my continuing good luck and somtimes wonder when it will run out. I just take it as it comes.

Thinking back I've had alot of incredible luck over my life. Many times it was that I happened to be talking to the right person. I can truly say that: "somebody up there likes me". Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, February 12, 2017 - 07:56 PM.

• olcowhand and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,241 Thanks
  • 9,179 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 08:43 PM

I've had a number of bad one's that I walked away from. They still scare the crap out of me! We have to thank God for every day.

• boyscout862 and jimmy G have said thanks

#19 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,843 Thanks
  • 8,682 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 04:38 PM

I would like a pic of the repaired steering wheel, please.

Yesterday we had about three inches of snow then some sleet and after dark freezing rain. The snow collapsed to about one inch and is quite dense and frozen. It is blowing real hard and lots of chunks of ice falling off of trees. To protect the head I dug out an old hardhat with liner and wore it for plowing. Took a couple hours but it looks alot better now.

CAT here are pics of a visitor, the wheel and the 2000. SD531209.JPG SD531210.JPG SD531211.JPG SD531212.JPG  

The visitor is a Marsh Hawk they seem to visit us occassionally in February. We put out meat scraps for them because around here it is the starving time. About 12 years ago we had one come every day just after our lunch time. We fed her each time and the next year she came back. For years after, she came back with a couple of others. She'd eat but the others just watched. Sometimes if I didn't bring something out fast enough she would call out to make sure that I had seen her. I like having them around because the squirrels stay away.

I checked with FordTractorParts.com and a new wheel is about $32. I need to get abunch of parts from them in the spring(I'm not working out in cold weather if I can avoid it). I was going get a gallon of their Ford Tractor Blue paint to paint this 2000 and 3 LGTs that I have. I was told that I would probably have to cut the wheel to get it off anyway. Good Luck, Rick

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks