Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Standard commercial walk behind (pre Bantam)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GardnMastr OFFLINE  

GardnMastr
  • Member No: 85758
  • 338 Thanks
  • 173 posts

Posted February 11, 2017 - 05:26 PM

I'm new here but I suppose you know, Standard ( the early Poynter company) built commercial walk behind mowers. The cutting blades are the same type as on the Bantam tractor, mower knife sections on a bell shaped stump jumper. The company came from somewhere, they didn't just jump into tractor production. How do I know, I've got one. I also have a two wheel sulky. Have you heard of the graveyard pushmower, with the large metal front wheel? The metal wheels leaned the grass away from the stone marker and forced it under the cutting deck. If you're way ahead of me, great!, if this is news, then there is more to learn.  

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,006 Thanks
  • 8,787 posts

Posted February 11, 2017 - 06:44 PM

Pics? Teach us more.

#3 GardnMastr OFFLINE  

GardnMastr
  • 338 Thanks
  • 173 posts

Posted February 11, 2017 - 08:05 PM

I'll see if I can do that tomorrow.

#4 GardnMastr OFFLINE  

GardnMastr
  • 338 Thanks
  • 173 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 03:50 PM

I'm trying to post pictures, let's see how it goes. I don't own or have pictures of the large front wheeled graveyard mower.poynter1.JPG poynter3.JPG poynter2.JPG poynter4.JPG poynter5.JPG poynter6.JPG poynter7.JPG

• Alc and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#5 GardnMastr OFFLINE  

GardnMastr
  • 338 Thanks
  • 173 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 09:50 AM

I'm pretty sure they made a larger model with 3 cutting blades and maybe 10 horsepower. I think I accidently own the larger engine to one of these. It had the big pto gearbox on it. At the time, I did not know what it came off of. Come on guys, surely I'm not the only to own one or have seen one. I'd be interested in another for parts, I'm missing a spindle. I wonder if the spindle off a bantam tractor mower is the same. Anybody got half a mower for a bantam, or very rusted away?