• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• Member No: 8169
  • 484 Thanks
  • 465 posts

Posted February 23, 2017 - 08:40 PM

Letitgo.com and OfferUp.com provide another place to search for deals. I recently purchased an unmolested
1991 JD 318 in decent original shape with a 50" deck and a 54" four way blade, brand new rims and Carlisle ag tires and new chains with a bad engine for $300. Also purchased a 1985 Power King 1614 with a new starter, coil and condenser. Runs good when spraying gas in carb. Needs carb cleaned and fuel pump. Paid $400. Its another option to search and there may be some good deals on your area.

Edited by BowlBuilder, February 23, 2017 - 08:41 PM.

• olcowhand said thank you

#32 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,982 Thanks
  • 2,121 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 10:42 AM

Letitgo.com and OfferUp.com provide another place to search for deals. I recently purchased an unmolested
1991 JD 318 in decent original shape with a 50" deck and a 54" four way blade, brand new rims and Carlisle ag tires and new chains with a bad engine for $300. Also purchased a 1985 Power King 1614 with a new starter, coil and condenser. Runs good when spraying gas in carb. Needs carb cleaned and fuel pump. Paid $400. Its another option to search and there may be some good deals on your area.

I have used Let it go with good results, didn't care much for offer up.

#33 hoyt OFFLINE  

hoyt
  • Member No: 85999
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 05:00 PM

You can still occasionally wrestle a good deal at an auction, if you get lucky at the right one.  But even there, the bidding nowadays seems to start at more ridiculous prices & there is a %% surcharge ("buyer premium") to factor in.  On the other hand, I've seen almost new cnc machining centers go for literally nothing, because nobody there had any means or interest in moving it (size of a small bedroom).

#34 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,982 Thanks
  • 2,121 posts

Posted February 25, 2017 - 10:44 PM

You can still occasionally wrestle a good deal at an auction, if you get lucky at the right one.  But even there, the bidding nowadays seems to start at more ridiculous prices & there is a %% surcharge ("buyer premium") to factor in.  On the other hand, I've seen almost new cnc machining centers go for literally nothing, because nobody there had any means or interest in moving it (size of a small bedroom).

Depends where you are, I see quite a few under $250 tractors around here, still plenty of auctions around here with no buyer's premium, I do to a few buyer's premium sales, but I bid accordingly.