• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 wdlnd OFFLINE  

wdlnd
  • Member No: 83218
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:14 AM

I'm new to this forum and I realize this is an old thread but I'm looking for a u-joint to replace the one driving the gearbox on the tiller attachment pictured above for my 1975 LGT 125.  I've done some digging but have came up short.  I recently replaced the drive belt for the tiller attachment and had trouble finding documentation on what size belt it took.  I ended up buying several until I found one that fit.  Unfortunately the same cannot be done with the u-joint that failed.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

#17 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:18 AM

Welcome to the forum. It might be better to start a new thread or put a wanted ad in the classifieds.

#18 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,407 Thanks
  • 3,157 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 04:08 AM

Some place on here I had a source for getting replacement u joints just for these little ujoints.
You need to replace the entire shaft assembly with a new heavy duty one, or at least the half that went bad.
Paulbparts.com

#19 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,528 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 08:51 AM

I always enjoy taking odd ball parts there for them to match. They measure, check the computer, measure again, and finally ask what it goes to. Its not often that they can't find it somewhere. Most times it is already in stock.