• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• Member No: 3900
  • 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 05:47 PM

Did ford make a 3 point hitch for this tractor ?

#2 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 703 Thanks
  • 1,248 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 05:51 PM

It would be a manual lift...I have an LGT 100 and 2 125s...with manual lift. My tiller is 3 point mounted, but the arms are part of the tiller.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 29,527 Thanks
  • 40,500 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 06:02 PM

Poncho, that is the same setup as on my 165, just that mine is hyd. lift. I'm glad I don't have to lift that tiller by hand. I'd have to eat an awful lot of spinach. LOL

#4 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 06:12 PM

2011-06-06_18-59-09_525.jpg This is the back ok mine I put the cat 0 pins in but it has nothing else to the rear for the lift I started to build one but need to get some more parts before I make it final

#5 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • 703 Thanks
  • 1,248 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 06:34 PM

Poncho, that is the same setup as on my 165, just that mine is hyd. lift. I'm glad I don't have to lift that tiller by hand. I'd have to eat an awful lot of spinach. LOL

Keeps my right arm in shape....lol

#6 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,527 Thanks
  • 40,500 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 06:48 PM

Where are my manners. n3pht, Welcome to GT Talk. I'll look in from time to time to see how it's going.
Poncho, rather you than me. LOL

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,345 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:10 PM

n3pht,:welcometogttalk:

Glad to have you with us.

#8 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys

I picked this up about 2 months ago and have been tinkering with it when I can, I need to get some attachments for it ( I told the Miss that I could do alot with this )
She wants me to do some landscaping :orangecool:

Poncho could you take some pictures of the top link for me that would be a big help for a mock up that Im building ? Thank you

#9 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • 703 Thanks
  • 1,248 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 08:08 PM

sarah 005 (Medium).jpg Here is another angle......maybe it will help. You probably dont have that cross bar, as it is attached to the PTO bracket

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by poncho62, June 06, 2011 - 08:14 PM.

#10 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 08:21 PM

That helps out alot thanks,Yep your right missing the cross bar and all the linkage, But I have already mocked up a linkage to the rear. I plan to make the rear pto also wish me luck lol

#11 txdieseldog OFFLINE  

txdieseldog
  • Member No: 65961
  • 56 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 11:25 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here and signed up strictly for this post. I found it in google and did not know this forum was around. Anyway.......I have the RED brother to these Ford's. The Homelite Jacobsen GT I believe it to be known as. It has the exact tiller attachment that is pictured in previous posts of this thread. I have had to replace the motor in past years and the configuration has required the elimination of the PTO shaft running down the side of the frame. I desperately want to still use the tiller, so my plans are to tap off of the hydraulics with a control valve and place a hydraulic motor at the rear of the tractor where the drive shaft connects. Moral of the story..........any of you guys have ANY idea what the RPM's and possible torque value might be at the output point of that PTO shaft. The hydraulic motors available are showing approx 885 inch lbs in the 500-ish RPM range. (Equaling about 75 foot lbs.) Would this work?  Any input please. Ballpark, off the hip, don't care. Wild you-know-what guesses will probably even help me get closer.

Thanks

B.B.

#12 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,527 Thanks
  • 40,500 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 11:36 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! These PTO's run at engine RPM's, 3000+/-. Haven't a clue on the torque value!

• txdieseldog said thank you

#13 txdieseldog OFFLINE  

txdieseldog
  • 56 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Kenny. I noticed in the manual section that you are the go to guy for these tractors.Or at least the Ford brother. All parts appear to be the same best I can tell. I tried checking some of the manuals and it limited my number of downloads. Is that probationary? I tried to find out in the terms and didn't see anything.

Thanks.

B.B.

#14 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,527 Thanks
  • 40,500 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 12:38 PM

Thanks Kenny. I noticed in the manual section that you are the go to guy for these tractors.Or at least the Ford brother. All parts appear to be the same best I can tell. I tried checking some of the manuals and it limited my number of downloads. Is that probationary? I tried to find out in the terms and didn't see anything.

Thanks.

B.B.

Yes, it is probationary. Keeps folks from just joining to download. I don't know everything about these Fords, but I'm learning. I try to keep us in manuals if I can find them some where! Is your tractor an open side or closed? Get the camera out and show us what you have. Uploading pics is not hard, there is a link for help with that in my signature! Start a new thread or you can introduce your self in this thread.

#15 txdieseldog OFFLINE  

txdieseldog
  • 56 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted January 09, 2015 - 12:51 PM

I'm posting from work right now, but I'll get some pics on there ASAP. Mine is a closed side. Has the sleeve hitch with full hydro lift. I have a chisel, mold plow, disc, the a fore mentioned tiller, and a home made box/plane type blade. The blade started for it specifically, but when it lost the motor, I turned it into a plane by adding a wheel kit to the back that adjust and I pull it with a regular GT as well without a sleeve hitch.

B.B.

• KennyP said thank you