• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,658 Thanks
  • 1,180 posts

Posted February 11, 2017 - 06:57 PM

Hi today I finished up the SS voltage regulator installation on the 16hp installed crimp-on wire connectors and mounted it with 2 bolts, The battery on the engine test was about dead so when the engine started and the generator was switched on the amps went to 14 and volts were 14 also doesn't get much better in my book.

HPIM1432.JPG HPIM1433.JPG HPIM1434.JPG

• Bruce Dorsi and 29 Chev have said thanks

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,706 Thanks
  • 43,747 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 06:55 AM

That's interesting to find out! Never thought of using that type of regulator with a generator.

• MNGB said thank you

#18 Buck Tales OFFLINE  

Buck Tales
  • Member No: 73140
  • 187 Thanks
  • 121 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 05:16 PM

I've used the same on my old Triump motor cycles to replace the british system which was negative hot and positive ground. The systems are harty and either work or don't. Easy to trouble shoot when it's a go or no go, lol. I like to use float chargers through the winter so the batteries last a lot longer. I just redid my 66 Suburban and made the pull start machine an electric unit. I wish I had thought about electronics for the charging, would have saved a bit of time. Great idea for guys who are not totally hung up on all original systems but would rather look for dependability. Good job.

• KennyP and MNGB have said thanks