Garden Tractor Forums banner

Bolens Ride-a-matic 1961

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Kwd4871 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a manual for a 61 Ride-a-matic, i think it makes it a 234-01 model, could anyone help me. Thanks, Kevin

#4 ·
:welcometogttalk:
Can't help with your tractor, just wanted to say Hi.

#11 ·
Kevin, nice tractor. Glad you got some attachments to play with. Happy Birthday!

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Look here: Ride a Matic - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

I posted the manuals for your tractor, and the attachments which I believe you have (sickle bar, plow, tiller, and reel mower). ....If you have different model numbers for your attachments, let me know, and I may have manuals for them.

I also posted some other attachment manuals, as well.

You may not be able to download all of the manuals at one visit, so may have to spread your downloads over several visits to this site.

#14 ·
Bruce Dorsi said:
Look here: Ride a Matic - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

I posted the manuals for your tractor, and the attachments which I believe you have (sickle bar, plow, tiller, and reel mower). ....If you have different model numbers for your attachments, let me know, and I may have manuals for them.

I also posted some other attachment manuals, as well.

You may not be able to download all of the manuals at one visit, so may have to spread your downloads over several visits to this site.
We might have to change your user title to "The Bolens Encyclopedia"

Reactions: Kwd4871
#16 ·
I think i may have to return to the drawing board, after looking at the 61 manual, i think it must be a bit earlier, its got rear mud guards but no shift lever as from the 61 model, it looks more like the 60 model with mud guards and foot operated drive but no shift change.

Any comments gratefully received!

#18 ·
Just to answer previous question, flap on hood has been added as an extra.

No shift change under seat, just a cam type arrangement on rear sprocket, reading through manuals and looking at pictures, shift lever was introduced in61, by my deductions now it must be a late 60 model, battery box under steering wheel, but was fitted with mud guard and battery box arrangement either from factory or someone fitted them later.

What a pain the data plate is missing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.