9 replies to this topic

#1 rhythim OFFLINE  

rhythim
  • Member No: 85730
  • 32 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 09:57 AM

Hey folks,

My name is Brian, my late father was active on this board over the last decade or two.  I joined the site just to make this post.  Without getting long-winded, dad passed last June and we're putting all of his Power King tractors, parts, and implements up for sale.  Figured I'd start here, since I know at least one of the tractors he found by being a part of the community here, and y'all are most likely to be interested.  Will be advertised locally on Craigslist as well.  Tractors are located in the Nashville, TN area.

I'll list as much as I can think of, but please realize there's probably going to be a lot of small parts and things that I won't be able to identify or itemize.  It's pretty obvious when I find a PK part for the most part because nothing else on the property is that shade of orange.  I have pics of the "big stuff", but not of each and every part.  Please understand that I want to get rid of ALL of it at once.  I'm not interested in splitting up the lot at this time.

Start with the tractors:

1975 1614 that has had the 16hp Kohler engine swap.  Engine was painted/overhauled (rings/bearings/gaskets) prior to installation, hours noted on the bottom side of the hood.  48" deck with rebuilt spindles.  3-point hitch.  Hydraulic lift.  Single transmission. Front wheel weights. Hood repainted with new decals, deck repaired and painted.  Running and usable.  This was the tractor dad was actively using, and I have used it to mow with in the last 6 months.

20170127_131255.jpg

20170127_131309.jpg

20170127_131329.jpg

197x? 2418 18hp Kohler OHV.  Rebuilt/painted 48" deck.  3-point hitch.  Hydraulic lift.  Single transmission.  This tractor was running and usable, drove to where it sits, but has been sitting for a number of years and at a minimum will need the points filed and likely a carburetor cleaning.  Currently no spark to the plug, but has good compression.  I ran this tractor briefly a few years ago and the apparently finicky 18hp engine ran great with no issues.

20170127_131340.jpg

20170127_131348.jpg

20170127_131358.jpg

19xx?? 2418 18hp Kohler OHV parts tractor.  No deck, no hood.  Hydraulic lift, single transmission. I assume this is a later model than the other 2418 due to the wider brake pedals.  Dad bought this one because of those and intended to restore it using the other 2418 for parts.  Engine condition unknown, however it does turn by hand and has been wrapped up/covered by a tarp.

20170127_131502.jpg

20170127_131506.jpg

20170127_131536.jpg

Implements:

All of these implements, with the exception of the turning plow, had been cleaned/painted/repaired where needed, and are in addition to the 2 mower decks that are attached to the 2 complete tractors.

Roto-tiller:

20170127_131655.jpg

I don't have pics of: (but can provide later if interested)

Box scraper (cleaned and painted-minor use)

Disc harrow (cleaned and painted-minor use)

Turning plow (usable, but has not been cleaned or painted)

Boom/lift pole--homemade, about 5' long to use as a small hoist with hydraulic lift. (cleaned and painted)

60" mower deck (cleaned and painted)

Parts:

Several boxes of various parts and pieces.  I know there are 3-point hitch parts, spindles, a gas tank or two, and importantly, dad was assembling parts to convert one to a dual transmission.  There's a cleaned/painted transmission with shifter (it's a front shifter, not the angled rear shifter), and I'm pretty sure all of the necessary parts to do the conversion.  There may or may not be a piece or two missing, but as I recall he had managed to either fabricate or acquire everything necessary for the conversion.  It's all in one box marked as such.  Spare 14hp (K321?) Kohler that came off of the 1614.  Was running and usable when removed, dad just wanted the extra 2hp.  I think there may be one more NOS steering wheel as well, will verify that today (1/29/17).  I have all the parts I've found stacked in one pile in the garage, will add more if I find any.

Bottom line is this:  We've sold the old homeplace, and have to have the contents cleared out by July.  I'd like to get rid of ALL the PK stuff in one lot.  If it's PK and on the property, it needs to go.  Bring your truck and trailer, load it up, and drive away.  I know Dad had several thousand dollars tied up in all of these, but in the interest of making them disappear and reducing any headaches for Mom to have to deal with, I'll sell it lock stock and barrel for $3500 cash.  I am not interested in splitting up the lot at this time.  All or nothing.

I can be reached via email at c300k1964@yahoo.com or via PM on this site, assuming it will let me send/receive them, this being my first post.  Tractors/parts are located in the Nashville, TN area.

Edited by rhythim, January 30, 2017 - 04:33 PM.

• ducky, Traill95, Jazz and 1 other said thanks

#2 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,964 Thanks
  • 4,087 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the post.  Could we ask who your Dad was.

• limebuzz and MH81 have said thanks

#3 rhythim OFFLINE  

rhythim
  • 32 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted January 30, 2017 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for the post.  Could we ask who your Dad was.

His name was Bill Pigg.  Couldn't tell you what his username was, or whether he used his real name.  Don't know how "active" he would have been in terms of post count, but know he was on most of the garden tractor forums selling/looking for parts or whole tractors, and drove all over the place for them.  Bought the complete 2418 somewhere 8+ hours away in Louisiana.

• ducky and KennyP have said thanks

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,078 Thanks
  • 44,104 posts

Posted January 30, 2017 - 07:05 PM

His name was Bill Pigg.  Couldn't tell you what his username was, or whether he used his real name.  Don't know how "active" he would have been in terms of post count, but know he was on most of the garden tractor forums selling/looking for parts or whole tractors, and drove all over the place for them.  Bought the complete 2418 somewhere 8+ hours away in Louisiana.

I hope you can find someone to buy it all. My condolences for your loss. Did your Dad live in Nashville? Maybe we can find his username.

• rhythim said thank you

#5 rhythim OFFLINE  

rhythim
  • 32 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 07:15 AM

I hope you can find someone to buy it all. My condolences for your loss. Did your Dad live in Nashville? Maybe we can find his username.

Thanks!  Yes, we're from the greater Nashville area.

• KennyP said thank you

#6 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,311 Thanks
  • 760 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 10:05 PM

Sorry for your loss. I understand wanting to sell it all as a package, but there's more people with 2000 in their pocket than 3500. You can get more money total by splitting them up. Good luck.
  • Alc said thank you

#7 rhythim OFFLINE  

rhythim
  • 32 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 12:54 PM

Sorry for your loss. I understand wanting to sell it all as a package, but there's more people with 2000 in their pocket than 3500. You can get more money total by splitting them up. Good luck.

Thanks, and you're right, but right now I have too much going on with the rest of the property sale to drive an hour back and forth from home to where the stuff is located to sell individual parts/pieces.  If someone was serious about it and had the cash in front of me, I might split it in half, but I'd MUCH rather take less money and have it all go away at once.  These are only the tip of the iceberg considering all the small engine/outdoor equipment I have to deal with over there. It's quite a pile.  

#8 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,957 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 06:46 PM

We wish you luck on the sale and eventual settling of dad's estate.
I understand, it can be overwhelming

Along the lines of finding dad's old account, things that we can use to search are email addresses, ip address, and obviously user names.
I did look up several versions of his name, but didn't find him quickly.

If you think of info, you can Private Message any of the staff and they can search.

#9 rhythim OFFLINE  

rhythim
  • 32 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted April 05, 2017 - 08:03 AM

Update.

OK, here goes.  The primary reason I didn't (and still don't) want to sell this stuff piece-by-piece is because I'll inevitably wind up with a bunch of stuff I can't do anything with but haul off.  That said, I'll give it a try anyway.  I currently have the stuff advertised locally this way:

The 1975 1614 with the K341 16hp upgrade--48" deck, 3pt, hydraulic lift, runs like a champ and ready to work.  $1800

Roto tiller:  $350

Box scraper:  $250

Disc Harrow:  $350

Boom/lift pole:  $100

Moldboard plow:  $75

Drawbar + center link: $50

60" cutting deck:  $350

48" cutting deck for pre-1971 models without electric PTO-includes mule drive - $150

Kohler K321 14hp engine- less air cleaner, muffler, and plug wire, otherwise complete.  Was running when removed from the 1614. - $350

The complete 2418 I'm going to fiddle with and get it running again.  Will decide what I want to ask for it once that's done.

Make offer on the parts 2418.

Ask me about other parts, I may or may not have what you're looking for, but have a big pile ranging from sheet metal to mechanical.

Bottom line is that this stuff needs to go.  I'm somewhat negotiable, but if you plan to make an offer, you need to be standing in front of me with cash.  I'm much more likely to make you a deal in person than I am online.  I'm sure you all understand why--it's nothing personal, but we've all made those deals via email or phone calls that we thought would happen and then didn't.

Edited by rhythim, April 05, 2017 - 08:03 AM.

• KennyP and oldiron1 have said thanks

#10 Fletch OFFLINE  

Fletch
  • Member No: 86638
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 11, 2017 - 11:31 AM

Hi. I just got on this website recently, so I am new. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I think he and I have talked before, I was looking for a Power King, and he helped me alot. If that was him, he was going to a tractor show in N.C. a couple of years ago and was coming through Cleveland Tn, and asked if I wanted to go with him. Any way my question is do you still have the tiller, or the engine? I bought a 1614 a month ago and am looking for one. thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, 1614, 2418