• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 slf-uk OFFLINE  

slf-uk
  • Member No: 62999
  • 356 Thanks
  • 143 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 02:10 PM

Over the Christmas break I was contacted by someone who had seen my Bolens posts on another forum. They had picked up a Bolens whilst doing a clearance and wanted to know if I was interested. I said that I was unlikely to be interested as I am out of space but I was happy to have a look at it and value it for them. This was a foolish offer and I should have known I would be bringing it home. The seller was a great guy and it was refreshing to have a very open and honest conversation about value and price, which worked out well for both of us.

The tractor is fitted with the large flat top tiller and is road registered. The tines on the tiller are very badly worn so it has clearly had plenty of use. I am not sure if it is a viable tractor or just a great source of spare parts. It does not move very well having been sat outside for many years so I picked it up with the tipper trailer in case I needed extra help unloading.

IMG_1649.JPG

The rear fender is in the worst condition and not unusual for a Bolens in the UK

IMG_1648.JPG

All I have done with it at the moment is remove the tiller and store the tractor and tiller safely

Iain

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, LPBolens and 11 others have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,809 Thanks
  • 18,053 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 02:39 PM

Congrats on the New Bolens, I dont know what it is but the tractors found in the UK always seem like they came out of bottom of the lake!! LOL

• blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862, Sawdust and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 1,139 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 02:44 PM

Congrats on the New Bolens, I dont know what it is but the tractors found in the UK always seem like they came out of bottom of the lake!! LOL

We do wonder if Bolens were ACTUALLY SHIPPED over sometime ! I have found some sand and sea shells in some unusual places in my Bolens. :-)

Edited by Bolens800uk, January 28, 2017 - 02:45 PM.

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#4 BolensChrisUK OFFLINE  

BolensChrisUK
  • Member No: 77828
  • 453 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 03:18 PM

Great for parts Iain.

Yes this is some of the usual crap err gems we find in the UK

Lucky for Iain is he has a spare fender on a rolling chassis & I have a spare engine :thumbs:

Sure we can have it going when I pop up :D

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, slf-uk and 1 other said thanks

#5 slf-uk OFFLINE  

slf-uk
  • 356 Thanks
  • 143 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 04:35 PM

I seem to remember reading somewhere that nowhere in the UK is more than 50 miles from the coast. The salt air really does have an impact.

Iain

• blackjackjakexxix and Sawdust have said thanks

#6 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,187 Thanks
  • 1,354 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 08:04 PM

Over the Christmas break I was contacted by someone who had seen my Bolens posts on another forum. They had picked up a Bolens whilst doing a clearance and wanted to know if I was interested. I said that I was unlikely to be interested as I am out of space but I was happy to have a look at it and value it for them. This was a foolish offer and I should have known I would be bringing it home. The seller was a great guy and it was refreshing to have a very open and honest conversation about value and price, which worked out well for both of us.

The tractor is fitted with the large flat top tiller and is road registered. The tines on the tiller are very badly worn so it has clearly had plenty of use. I am not sure if it is a viable tractor or just a great source of spare parts. It does not move very well having been sat outside for many years so I picked it up with the tipper trailer in case I needed extra help unloading.

attachicon.gifIMG_1649.JPG

The rear fender is in the worst condition and not unusual for a Bolens in the UK

attachicon.gifIMG_1648.JPG

All I have done with it at the moment is remove the tiller and store the tractor and tiller safely

Iain

Repairable, keep you out of trouble for the rest of winter

• blackjackjakexxix, slf-uk and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#7 slf-uk OFFLINE  

slf-uk
  • 356 Thanks
  • 143 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 12:22 PM

Great for parts Iain.

Yes this is some of the usual crap err gems we find in the UK

Lucky for Iain is he has a spare fender on a rolling chassis & I have a spare engine :thumbs:

Sure we can have it going when I pop up :D

Unfortunately the fender I have on a rolling chassis is in the same condition. I may have too see if I can get a couple shipped over when the exchange rate is a bit better.

It is a great project for sure and I do fancy having a crack at getting it going again. Looking forward to your visit Chris

Iain

• blackjackjakexxix, 29 Chev and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#8 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,462 Thanks
  • 2,447 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 02:13 PM

Repairable, keep you out of trouble for the rest of winter