Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Showing off the new toys and a couple of questions.

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mustard Tiger ONLINE  

Mustard Tiger
  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 84537
  • 112 Thanks
  • 132 posts
  • Location: Moncton, NB

Posted January 27, 2017 - 12:52 PM

I picked up a lawnboy gt18h with a pretty nice set of implements (2 stage blower, tiller, 3 point hitch, rear scraper blade).  But it looks like the guy I bought it from isn't likely to find the missing bits for mounting the tiller.  The manual for the tiller calls it the "hitch plate assembly", but it is not clear if it is supposed to come with the tiller, with the tractor, or as some separate rear accessory kit or something.  Does anyone know?  It looks like the ball hitch is supposed to mount in the same way.

DSC_1100.JPG DSC_1094.JPG   DSC_1098.JPG DSC_1109_01.JPG


Second, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with the rear scraper blade.  Am I just missing a bunch of stuff for mounting it or is it supposed to mount to the 3 point hitch with some extra bar or something?



And third, what is this thing mounted on the transaxle housing?  Somebody busted that top hole, but I have no idea what its even for.


  • Bolens 1000, boyscout862, holdenboy1960 and 1 other said thanks

#2 blacktruck OFFLINE  


    New Member

  • Member
  • Member No: 4033
  • 30 Thanks
  • 57 posts
  • Location: Glasford, IL / Texarkana, TX

Posted January 27, 2017 - 12:59 PM

I have the same tractor and tiller in the Ford livery. The plate you show in the drawing is a part of the tiller I think. I haven't used mine in a few years but it seems it stayed connected to the tiller when I unhooked it from the tractor.

  • holdenboy1960 said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 13,153 Thanks
  • 9,272 posts
  • Location: N.E. Connecticut

Posted January 27, 2017 - 02:02 PM

The scraper blade looks like a normal sleeve hitch set up. You may be missing a sleeve hitch too. Good Luck, Rick

  • KennyP and Mustard Tiger have said thanks

#4 toppop52 OFFLINE  

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 54420
  • 5,362 Thanks
  • 4,817 posts
  • Location: Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland

Posted January 27, 2017 - 02:12 PM

Yep, rear blade is a sleeve hitch unit, if you mount the 3 point, just get an A frame or other sleeve hitch adapter.IMG_0245.JPG
  • KennyP, tiretrx, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#5 Mustard Tiger ONLINE  

Mustard Tiger
  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 84537
  • 112 Thanks
  • 132 posts
  • Location: Moncton, NB

Posted January 27, 2017 - 02:37 PM

The manual for the tiller has it mounting to that hitch plate assembly just with a pair of pins.  And the ball hitch is the same dimensions on the square side with the same spaced holes as the square mounting part of the tiller.

  • boyscout862 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#6 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 73571
  • 1,179 Thanks
  • 697 posts
  • Location: Coldwater, Ontario, Canada

Posted January 28, 2017 - 11:08 AM

Looks like you scored on that. The black stamped steel piece in your last picture appears to be a light duty hitch/drawbar for towing light loads like a garden cart, lawn sweeper, fertilizer spreader etc. I have no idea what the two unused holes are for.



Edited by CanadianHobbyFarmer, January 28, 2017 - 11:09 AM.

  • Mustard Tiger said thank you