• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Powerking1939 OFFLINE  

Powerking1939
  • Member No: 85744
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 11:03 PM

I have a plastic hood powerking with a front end loader. It works very good but at times the valve handles for both up&down and tilt get stuck and won't return to center. I have removed all end caps, cleaned and lubricated all working parts and this helps for a short time then it starts all over. If I shut it down for a short time and work the handles with the engine off it seems to help but not always. The oil looks good and the valve is a Brand PLV22TSTSL9 and looks fairly new. Could it be a defective valve ? Any help would be great, thanks

#2 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,276 Thanks
  • 1,039 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 01:12 AM

I would be suspicious of dirt/grit in the valves. Would totally disassemble clean and inspect the valves. Contamination  is the killer of hydraulic systems. It can be introduced into the system from the outside or generated in the system by wear or deterioration. Don

#3 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,006 Thanks
  • 5,869 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 01:18 AM

Time to think about installing a good filter in your hydraulic system before something gets damaged. 

#4 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,431 Thanks
  • 7,236 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 09:09 AM

Welcome to GTTalk , another thing to check , at least for the older steel hood ones , there was a memo for over tightening the control valve and it would cause problem  like you described .  Good Luck