3 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 10:37 AM

Am sure the hydro is going out.  Anyone have an extra laying around they would part with?  Sundstrand 15.  Don' know of other tractors with this same hydro.  PM with info please.  Thanks.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,354 Thanks
  • 7,733 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 06:50 PM

How about a whole tractor?  Has Onan, needs gov replaced (inside),  have driven some.  Seems tho they had couple diff trans, think mine is a later model and some diff than earlier. That mean anything??  Really not worth the trouble and ship expence, just throwing this out to ya. Think there are pictures on here if Bolen's forum when I was working on it.

• chieffan said thank you

#3 rjmartinny OFFLINE  

rjmartinny
  • Member No: 76471
  • 10 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 06:12 PM

Here is a guy that rebuilds them,   mrdadsr@aol.com  he also has new & used hydro parts if that will help you, he was a FMC Bolens dealer years ago and has lot of Bolens parts as well, good luck with that great old tractor.

• chieffan said thank you

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted February 27, 2017 - 03:59 PM

Have been in contact with him several times.  I took the acceleration and implement plugs out.  turned the engine over a few times to push oil out.  Back together again and I think it will work.  Will get the deck back on one of these days when it drys up and see how it does under load.   Sure hope so as a rebuilt hydro is not cheap.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted