#1 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6989
  • 283 Thanks
  • 475 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 01:47 PM

Anyone have one of the new Massey Ferguson Lawn Tractors? I need to replace an aging Agco Allis front cut mower and am looking at the 2600 model. Any good? Pros, Cons?

It is just going to do basic mowing no garden tractor work.

#2 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,153 Thanks
  • 1,645 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 01:49 PM

IIRC, I think they're still simplicity built. I don't know much about any of them but that would broaden your search for reviews on them. Could probably look up the simplicity version which might be more common. Sorry that's all the help I can give.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  • DanP and Talntedmrgreen have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,354 Thanks
  • 7,733 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 04:15 PM

Zero-turn we talking?   I almost bought a Simplicity last summer, think is one of best for the price range I was looking at.  Simp makes the tractors, so why not the rest??  Lots of options on the darn things for sure.

• DanP said thank you

#4 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 283 Thanks
  • 475 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 04:58 PM

No not a Zero turn the 2600 series is a Lawn Tractor.

#5 DMAX OFFLINE  

DMAX

Addicted

• Member No: 264
  • 284 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 05:12 PM

I don't know anyone with a new Massey lawn tractor, there's no dealers close in our area to sell them. But I do know some guys who have Simplicity's and they really like them. They are the same as Massey's I do believe. If I was in the market for a new lawn tractor I'd really look at the Massey 2700 series, I've been trying to convince myself that I need one! I hope you end up with the 2600, if you do let us know how you like it.
  • DanP and KBuzz have said thanks

#6 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,153 Thanks
  • 1,645 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 06:43 PM

I saw on their website, the 2600 series has the k57 rear. The 2700 has the k66. I'd probably opt more for the k66 in the 2700. Might cost more in the beginning but will pay for itself years from now when it's still going.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  • DMAX, MH81, Alc and 1 other said thanks

#7 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,212 Thanks
  • 2,284 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 08:31 AM

If buying new, that is quite a treat!  I'm envious!  I believe the 2600 series is the Simplicity Broadmoor equivalent.  They are popular and capable, and have a fantastic reputation.  The Massey variant isn't nearly as prevalent, but I think it's the best looking (These are also sold as AGCO 1600 series).  I see quite a few used ones on TractorHouse in both Massey 2600 and AGCO 1600 paint, so that may be a good indicator of dealers that may handle them new, if you try to price shop.  What are you up against, as far as chores go?  I do like the heavier tranny's, and personally am a sucker for the creature comforts on the higher grade machines, though I cannot stomach their retail prices.

I have had a couple used Prestige grade tractors now (Massey 2800), my current being an AGCO 1825, and I love them.  I found shopping used gave me a wide range of prices for well cared for machines.  Most recently, I was able to get a 2009, TT K71E tractor with 25hp command, power steering and hydraulic implement lift, diff lock and 54" deck for just over $1600.  It has 600 hours on it, and operates like new.  My previous tractor had a few less hours, but was a 2005 20hp, 50" model, with tiller setup...for even less $$.  I went through it with a fine tooth comb, replaced fluids, filters and some steering bushings for good measure.  Nothing NEEDED done, and I may have put $125 into it, to guarantee another decade+ of simply putting gas and oil in it.

Simplicity builds a great lineup, and the market is broad on them.  

PS...I would like to see more of your early B-10.  I'm doing an article on that model for the next issue of Lawn & Garden Tractor magazine, and will be soliciting photos of other folks' early B-10's at work and play!

• DMAX, limebuzz, DanP and 1 other said thanks

#8 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 283 Thanks
  • 475 posts

Posted January 25, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Talntermrgreen here is what I wrote up on it as I built it.

http://gardentractor...10-restoration/

#9 mac102004 OFFLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 290 Thanks
  • 370 posts

Posted January 26, 2017 - 09:09 PM

Buy a Kubota. We had a Simplicity built Massey in the early 2000's it was complete rubbish. We've had the T1770 Kubota now for over 10 years it's been an awesome machine and problem free despite our lack of maintenance and abuse lol That Massey left a bad taste in our mouth for their newer LT's, it was a 2514H. Maybe their GT's are better, but I'd still put my money on Kubota.

#10 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 173 Thanks
  • 399 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 10:53 AM

My personal opinion is if your gonna spend that kinda of money on a light weight pressed tin frame of today's lawn tractors then for not much more go with the compact gc series of Massey tractors........I have no idea what kinda of conditions your mowing in but I can guarantee you can get as nice of mowing job with the 60" deck on the gc series.
You'll also get 4wd capability as standard equipment.....no 2700 or 2900 series offers that! Entering and exiting operators platform is nice and open with a flat platform!
No, I'm not a dealer, just a farmer and get no kickback on promoting these tractors......I personally own 2 gc series.....gc2300 and gc2610TLB and it amazing what these little tractors can do!
You need to take a look.......look on tractorhouse.com
Bunch on there........good luck
  • DMAX and limebuzz have said thanks

#11 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 382 Thanks
  • 351 posts

Posted February 13, 2017 - 10:23 PM

I agree with Josh. I think the larger models are the way to go. If you can find a Prestige with the K71 trans you would be better off. Stick with something with the deck on rollers. If you are particular about scalping and have a free floating, roller, mower deck now, you will not be satisfied with anything else.

#12 Dugmf12 OFFLINE  

Dugmf12
  • Member No: 57577
  • 87 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted March 02, 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hi Dan,

Just curious if you bought a new mower yet?  I'm not familiar with the new stuff anymore, but was curious on your progress.  Good Luck and enjoy the hunt.

Doug

#13 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 283 Thanks
  • 475 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 05:27 PM

No have not bought one yet. To many other projects going on but by the way the grass is greening up I better decide.

• Dugmf12 said thank you