#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,491 Thanks
  • 7,846 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 07:02 PM

Facebook and other places has ads for the "Air Dragon" compressor. Looks like a battery drill in shape. Best part it has a pressure gauge you can set to what you want and it goes to that and stops?  I think it is pretty neat. Seams to have a piston to make pressure, not just a diaphragm like many that take forever to pump stuff up. This item does in a few moments, real quick.  ON TV of course it is buy one, get one free (kinda scary), but on web site one is about $40 and second one is $19.99 if bought same time. SO, first confusion is why diff on the price and offer.  Says on-line only, or call this number, etc.  Not in stores.  I would really like to see one and hold it and such before buying.  Lots of this stuff on TV ends up at Walmart or other places after a few months at least. Think it will show?  Any Opinions on what it would be like?  Think if you google the  Air Dragon name it should show up.

• Marty'70 said thank you

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,263 Thanks
  • 4,638 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 07:38 PM

We refuse to purchase anything advertised "as seen on TV" because it is usually not worth a plug nickel!

• Gtractor, Cvans and Marty'70 have said thanks

#3 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 2,016 Thanks
  • 1,342 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 08:18 PM

I tried to find reviews on that but no luck. What I did find was that the batteries are an extra charge. A 14 foot cord that plugs into the lighter socket is standard. Not good if you are using it on a GT. You can get a low end booster pack with built in compressor for the same price.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,916 Thanks
  • 4,821 posts

Posted January 23, 2017 - 11:28 PM

I like how they show it pumping up a car tire in about 2 seconds.  :(

My big compressor with a 60 gallon tank [full] can't do that.

Pretty misleading to say the least.

I figure I've gotten by the last 47 years without one and I'm gonna try to get by another 47 years without one. :deadhorse:

Edited by Gtractor, January 23, 2017 - 11:29 PM.

• Cvans, boyscout862 and Marty'70 have said thanks

#5 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,186 Thanks
  • 1,351 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 06:23 AM

We have a store in town that sells only "as seen on tv" products. Possibly you have one nearby.  I find anything sold on tv is going to be regifted.

Edited by Jazz, January 24, 2017 - 06:24 AM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 970 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 09:19 AM

gl when Andersons had a store in Lima they a rack that had "as seen on tv" for sale. You might check out the one over in Perrysberg and see if they suck a rack before the close the doors.

#7 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,157 Thanks
  • 8,877 posts

Posted January 24, 2017 - 06:25 PM

HF has a 12v compressor for $5. They die in a couple of years but I always keep one in each car. My older GTs have a cigarette lighter that the pump will plug into. The jumper/compressor tools are really nice and handy for getting vehicles and GTs going. Good Luck, Rick