• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Norwood EYE OFFLINE  

Norwood EYE

• Member No: 1994
  • 4 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hello to everyone here, some of you might know me from other forums, and after getting banned from a couple of them recently, I need a place to call home.
First off, I have read the rules of this forum and will abide by them. I will attempt to get along with the moderators and not be a distraction. If the Moderators here are not like those encountered on other forums, then I should be okay. If this place is as "clique-y" as other places, I probably won't stick around too long.
For the most part I have been blackballed from the Case Ingersoll collector community. I got a couple of the wrong peole P/O'd at me for petty reasons. I was removed from one group because they thought I had a hidden reason for using their site and was trying to promote the project of a former (banned) member, at that time I was not. After that, I had a difference of opinion with a site admin and was kicked off his site because I "contacted him too much" Whatever that means. Then, I had issues with overbearing mods who constantly re-wrote my postings to fit their ideals at one of the more popular forum sites. When I expressed my views on heavy handed moderating in private messages, I was banned due to upsetting a particular mod.

Keeping in mind that I have many, many friends and relationships from my time on these groups, I have been stripped of an efficient way of communicating and sharing information/seeking advice/sharing experiences. I am hoping to run into some old familiar friends and re establish my place in the community here, if that is okay?

I can only think of one member here that may have a problem with that, but even that person will admit that I am enthusiastic and steadily learning about the hobby, my preferred brand of machine, and the politics of online forums. BTW, my name is Drew and I am an individual and a free thinker.

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 04:41 PM

norwood, Welcome to GT talk, " THE GREATEST SITE ON EARTH" for Gt's anyway. Though I have never been booted from another forum, I understand what you mean about poeple on the other sites. I think you will like it here and I don't think you will have any problems here as long as you follow the rules. Have fun and add anything you can to the threads. Thats what we re here for is to have fun and learn from each other. Welcome !!!

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 04:46 PM

Welcome to GT Talk, Drew. I too had been banned for expressing my opinions about administration on a popular forum, and the GT Talk community took me in like I was part of their family. :D
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 04:49 PM

Welcome to GTtalk. You won't find any cliques here. The only thing we won't tolerate here is spamming, flaming and abusive comments or foul language because we are a family oriented site for all age groups.
  • nra1ifer and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#5 Norwood EYE OFFLINE  

Norwood EYE

• 4 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 04:54 PM

Thank you guys, none of those things you listed were reasons I was removed from anywhere else. Only my opinions which are hardly ever in line with mainstream, and are not always PC. Even though I have not been active for several weeks (months in some places) I still read everyday about the things I am interested in GT wise. It is not always easy or fun when you don't have anyone to share with.

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 05:04 PM

Drew, If you gwt the chance, stop by the chat room at night. We have a lot of fun there and discuss all kindsof things, loads of fun.

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 05:04 PM

Thats where the forums come in, people oriented tractor people lol

#8 Norwood EYE OFFLINE  

Norwood EYE

• 4 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 05:06 PM

Thanks Brian, I will have to do that. From what I hear, the chat here is good, and has been an inspiration for other sites to emulate it.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,464 Thanks
  • 39,695 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 05:40 PM

Welcome to GT Talk, Drew. Great place to talk tractors and have some fun.

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 06:22 PM

:welcome: to GTTalk.

Drew, as said above, we do have standards, but not a lot of them.

Please look around & enjoy.

#11 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 06:33 PM

:wave: Drew Welcome to GTTalk! We're glad to have you on board. We hope that you find us the friendly bunch that you're looking for. I think that you'll find that the people here are what makes this a first rate forum. Yes, we all love our garden tractors, but we are people first!

#12 Norwood EYE OFFLINE  

Norwood EYE

• 4 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 06:41 PM

:wave: Drew Welcome to GTTalk! We're glad to have you on board. We hope that you find us the friendly bunch that you're looking for. I think that you'll find that the people here are what makes this a first rate forum. Yes, we all love our garden tractors, but we are people first!

Thanks, I really enjoy the people aspect just as much as the machines. It seems the times that I have had issues is when dealing with those uber-alpha personalties. I am sure you all know the type. For the most part, everyone I have met has been laid back and cool....like myself. hahaha

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 08:03 PM

I don't guess I know you, but anyone that joins GTT and abides by the rules is welcome....period! We don't have any cliques at all as I am aware of. Basically we all treat others as we'd like to be treated & it serves us well. Hope you enjoy GTT as much as I do!

#14 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 08:12 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

Enjoy the site :wave:

#15 Norwood EYE OFFLINE  

Norwood EYE

• 4 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 09:05 PM

Thank you Thank you, I will try to supplement my Case addiction with some other brands of GT's found here. Really digging those MF's and I already had a thing for the early Cubs.