#16 gears OFFLINE  

gears
  • Member No: 74309
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted January 22, 2017 - 07:55 PM

B60

I'm in NEO by Akron which is below Cleveland

It doesn't have a deck and I don't know what the motor is gonna be like, not sure if its even free.

#17 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,134 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 10:16 AM

Can you try going backwards with the process of elimination?  The JD can't handle your sidehills, that is just dangerous.  The wh is a project and maybe you need something running now?  The simplicity has running issues, also looks like it has the bgb which adds driveline variables... all those 3 machines other members showed an interest in, maybe you could work out a deal, pass those along...?

That leaves the ford and the cub i think?  The ford is great except the steering box is getting hard to find.  But there are attachments, maybe you could trade some of your other tractors for a back hitch, front blade, ross box, etc...??

The cub is newer i think which can be a plus if you are working it.  The fuel shutoff isn't a big deal long as you don't forget.  or maybe look for a new needle/seat and bowl gasket...??   ...hydraulic lift comes in handy as you get older, not sure if that matters to you...?   ...also don't know what attachments available for the cub, if you need any...?... 

Later if you want parts/attachments/parts machines i'd look at what is around in your area for the future.  with your side hill i'd add some wheel weights to one of the gt's.  i did that with my 16hp gt and it made all the difference, good luck sound like you will have fun whatever you do, all those cool old machines, so many tractors so little time...

Edited by Oldford, January 27, 2017 - 10:22 AM.

• MH81 and backwoods have said thanks

#18 gears OFFLINE  

gears
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 11:38 AM

good logic Oldford.

I know I'll be listing the Deere for sale. The wh is a project one of my sons wants to take on with me. I don't know what a bgb driveline is.

I do plan on selling off the ones I don't need (two of them, the ztr and the JD).

An update: fixed the ignition and exhaust on the Simplicity's Briggs, runs like a champ again...... for now.

The Cub is running great but has smoking issues (new thread started on that), and the 44" 3 blade deck has some holes I need to weld patches in.

Haven't reattached the deck to the Deere or gotten it cleaned up for sale yet but it's getting to be about that time of year.

Still not sure which GT to keep, the LGT and Simplicity have 42" 3 blade decks and both cut nice

If anyone is interested in any of these, feel free to make an offer.

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,498 Thanks
  • 44,954 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 12:07 PM

BGB is a bevel gear box.

• MH81 said thank you

#20 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,963 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 12:31 PM

The simplicity has running issues, also looks like it has the bgb which adds driveline variables.

I don't know what a bgb driveline is.

A BGB is a right angle gear box (bevel gear box) that allows for the shaft to belt change that simplicity drives were based around.

they can be expensive to replace when they fail.  i wouldnt call them a weak link, just 40-50 years old and often ignored when checking fluid levels.

#21 gears OFFLINE  

gears
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 12:53 PM

With hydro would it still have a BGB? Yeah it's shaft drive off the motor and belt for the deck..... Hmmm, I'll have to pay more attention next time I'm laying under it.

#22 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,963 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 01:10 PM

With hydro would it still have a BGB? Yeah it's shaft drive off the motor and belt for the deck..... Hmmm, I'll have to pay more attention next time I'm laying under it.

i know the hb112 has the bgb
  • gears said thank you

#23 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 984 Thanks
  • 759 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 01:22 PM

You have a shaft to the BGB and a belt to the hydro pump on the Simplicity. I bought new gears for the BGB on my 3410 this last  summer and have over $ 300.00 in it. I also rebuilt the PTO while I was at it.

• MH81 and gears have said thanks

#24 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,905 Thanks
  • 4,559 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 01:33 PM

Simple, keep the one that will do the most jobs, if you're only keeping one.
  • gears said thank you

#25 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 1,093 Thanks
  • 494 posts

Posted February 12, 2017 - 03:05 PM

That Cub Cadet looks like it's a 1811. Mag 18 Kohler...hydraulic lift. Sleeve or 3 point cat.0 hitch would be nice for the rear lift. Not a bad lookin tractor. The CC has my vote!

• gears said thank you