skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,862 Thanks
  • 3,399 posts

Posted January 18, 2017 - 05:26 PM

Yup and we have both plus one other nasty little booger that looks like a pitchfork and sticks to ya like a needle! Infact thats what they call it, Devils pitchfork.
  • ducky and bbuckler have said thanks

#17 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 8,223 Thanks
  • 3,964 posts

Posted January 19, 2017 - 01:21 PM

This is what burdocks look like here in my area. Took this picture today while I was out cuttin wood for stove.

Noel

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• ducky, KennyP and Cvans have said thanks

#18 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,554 Thanks
  • 44,992 posts

Posted January 19, 2017 - 07:05 PM

This is what burdocks look like here in my area. Took this picture today while I was out cuttin wood for stove.

Noel

Sand burrs are totally different. Smaller and less points. They will poke holes through 2 ply tires!

• propane1 said thank you

#19 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 348 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted January 27, 2017 - 01:18 PM

Big plain in my but when I got to pull Sandbers in my horse pen but I jest take something with a blad or buket to get rid of them
  • bbuckler said thank you

#20 dtsh OFFLINE  

dtsh
  • Member No: 82586
  • 234 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 12:43 PM

When we bought our current place, we got a couple acres of thistles to go with the pasture, plus a healthy population of curly burdock. I go at the big patches with glyphosate in the spring and mid-summer, supplimenting with spot spraying 2-4D to get the odd volunteers I see among the grass monthly. The first year it seemed like I was spraying everywhere, but it gets exponentially easier year after year as the seedbank in the soil gets depleted. I had done this on my previous 30 acre place with a hand sprayer; a few hours each weekend adds up over the season and year after year the problem shrinks.

A typical farm store such as TSC will sell both glyphosate and 2-4D in 2.5 gallon (or larger) quantities which needs to be mixed with water before use. Read the labels(1), but typical application rates are 1-3oz of herbicide per gallon, so that 2.5 gallons goes a long, long ways.

1) Mixing it "hot" by adding more doesn't usually make it more effective, it just wastes herbicide. Follow the directions on the label for best results.

• oldedeeres said thank you