Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Need help identifying a find I may go look at tomorrow.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,561 Thanks
  • 44,996 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 05:53 PM

That will depend on the tiller with engine weight!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#32 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,769 Thanks
  • 4,911 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 05:55 PM

Does the 75/tractor include the tiller or is it separate regardless? I kind of think like Kenny that the engine mount looks added. I haven't been keeping up. Are you working on a project now? What are you going to do with your spare time? I don't think you'd have a hard time recouping your money at 75 even if the tiller isn't included. Maybe offer 75 for both?

• larrybl said thank you

#33 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,763 Thanks
  • 4,304 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 05:56 PM

I did a picture search, All I saw had electric sleeve hitches, and the tillers had rear support wheels, so only the front of the tiller is lifted. The one he has looks like a 3-pt is needed.

#34 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,763 Thanks
  • 4,304 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 05:58 PM

Does the 75/tractor include the tiller or is it separate regardless? I kind of think like Kenny that the engine mount looks added. I haven't been keeping up. Are you working on a project now? What are you going to do with your spare time? I don't think you'd have a hard time recouping your money at 75 even if the tiller isn't included. Maybe offer 75 for both?

$75 for both, and Hulk II is waiting in the wings for a re-fresh. I am more interested in the tiller, but only if I can make it work on the machines I have.

#35 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,769 Thanks
  • 4,911 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 06:20 PM

$75 for both,

That's leaving the tractor at 50. Look at the bevel gear box close. If it's good, the package could pay for itself. Doesn't look like it would hurt much it if it stayed outside through the winter.

• larrybl said thank you

#36 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,763 Thanks
  • 4,304 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 06:33 PM

I am thinking to use the funds to re-fresh Hulk II and pass on this. I am looking at a couple hundred $$ as I want to do a valve and ring job, Paint, and decals, along with a clutch and light upgrade. Thanks for looking at this with me.

#37 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,198 Thanks
  • 8,902 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 06:46 PM

The tiller was modified from a rear PTO powered to its own engine added. It would need wheels added to the back. It looks very heavy. My first thought, on seeing the pics you took, is that it was for an MTD or Cub Cadet originally.

One thing to consider is that the old ACs and Simplicities did the best mowing jobs because of the rollers and suspension. Checkout www.simpletractors.net for the history and attachments available. I would go for the package or forget the whole thing. If you aren't carefull, you'll end up like me: 30 in garages and 60+ outside. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, January 14, 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#38 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,763 Thanks
  • 4,304 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, that was one of the down sides, the deck looked non repairable, and with the top belt cover, hard to tell what unmentionables would be under it. I agree on the deck rollers making a great cut. The LGT-145 I had had them. although I only mowed twice with him, the cut was great. I prefer the mobility of the Craftsman (RED) and as long as I clear under his deck, the cut is good.  

#39 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted January 15, 2017 - 10:18 AM

Id wait a week, go back, and offer 60. Lots of good parts there. Part it out, keep the tiller, and put some good cash in the pocket. Just my .02 ;)