#16 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,378 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:28 PM

San Fran, rent a car and drive up the coastal highway. Spend some time in the park with the lighthouses, and do some whale watching.
Then carry on up the coast towards Oregan. Take the side roads, and see the "Huge" fir trees. Mind boggling. Tour alcatrez.
We did this in early April, before it got too busy, and the weather was good.
Before you leave San Fran, spend a day riding the trolleys, and go resterant/bar hopping. And China town. Now that's interesting
for a few hours.

We've been twice, and will do it again.

#17 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:36 PM

I like to travel around to different tractor shows in the area. I realize that's not technically a vacation, but the family enjoys it and it's usually a one day trip, so no one feels too put out. I would like to find something that we could all enjoy and just get away from it all for the whole week, but with 6 VERY different personalities, that's a tall order LOL!

#18 coldone OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 08:05 PM

Not really a vacation or even a day trip but me and the wife enjoy a driving adventure every once and a while. We may just go out for a drive and take local roads that we havent been down before. Sometimes when we are comming back from a day trip or weekend we will break out the Rand McNally road atlas and see if we can find a different way home. We usually have some of our best conversation during these adventures and most all are memerable.