#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:26 PM

I needed a trailer to haul my {Toys} :D So I bought a old homemade car hauler off kijiji about 2 weeks ago.I took all the expanded metal off,just where the wheels travelled and any extra metal off as well.I modernised it somewhat by making new side lights and tail lights.The old ones were mounted right at the fenders and it just had reflectors for the side lights .Being over 80" wide it also needs the 3 light bar in the very back center of the trailer as well .I did all the spring and spring eqalizer bushings plus new shackles.I put grease fitting into the tandem axle eqalizer now so I can grease it and not have to change bushings again.It also needed on innner wheel brg[looked like the seal was gone and had allowed water in and pitted the brg,I also made some extra tie down hooks and a spare tire mount.Painted it all up even underneath so next week I'll hopefully get the chance to put the decking on. I'll also have to put reflector tape on the sides once the paint has cured.I had to make a front on the trailer and the reason for the tail lights being made like I did was to beable to bolt sides on if I want to.I have my Ranger all done now as well so once the trailer is done we'll beable to trailer to different places and go on derbys etc: There'll be lots of room to put the Quad on in front and the Ranger on the back.The other thing is any tractors etc: that I buy I'll have a trailer to go and pick them up with.It's nice to finally have my own trailer.One with tandem axles and electric brakes.:laughingteeth:Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• trailer.JPG
  • trailer 1.jpg
  • trailer 4.jpg
  • trailer 5.jpg
  • trailer 7.jpg
  • trailer 8.jpg
  • trailer painted 001 (Small).jpg
  • trailer painted 002 (Small).jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 01:59 AM

Very nice trailer Larry. I built myself a trailer a few years ago and it has served me well since then. Unfortunately I built it too small, and the frame rails aren't tall enough yet and I get a little bow if I load it wrong. It is a single axle 6x10 now, so need to add about 1 foot to the tail and add tie down rail down the side which will double as stiffener for my frame. It is always tough to pioneer a design for your trailer, because the first one is the prototype, and you never need 2 identical trailers, and the first one is never just right lol.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,439 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 07:03 AM

Nice trailer. Good that you are getting things fixed to make using it easier.

#4 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 07:12 AM

Looks like a good trailer, Larry. Thanks for sharing the photos.

#5 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 11:07 AM

Nice trailer Larry.
I like the way you made pockets for the lights to fit into.