3 replies to this topic

#1 thom OFFLINE  

thom
  • Member No: 33353
  • 339 Thanks
  • 244 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 01:36 AM

0108171548_zpsqyn6rolx.jpg

I have two Toro Power Handles. One is on a Toro Snow Hound snowblower. The throttle and clutch cables are missing form one , and off the other one. I have one cable, hopelessly stuck, but at least I know the length. I know the cables route thru the handles near the midway point. What I can't figure out is the two levers shown in my pic. There is very little "travel" in the levers. It doesn't seem like enough travel to work the throttle or the clutch. Anybody have one and can look at the levers to see if mine are on right? Thanks.

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,383 Thanks
  • 3,015 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 04:04 AM

Looks like when you move the engagement leaver the throttle will also move.The slots just below the leavers are for the cables.

Toro had some pretty funky setups on walk behinds but they usually work really slick once you figure it out. 

This might help figure something out.

https://www.partstre...andle-assembly/

#3 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,906 Thanks
  • 2,448 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 04:42 AM

Yes, those levers are mounted correctly and provide enough travel to activate the cutch & throttle.

If you can remove them and clean all the rust off the pivot areas, things will work freely.

The clutch cable and casing are heavier than the throttle cable & casing.

The clutch lever is on the left side, and the clutch cable & casing go into the right handle tube.

The throttle lever is on the right side, and the throttle cable & casing go into the left handle tube.

If I remember correctly, the casings are clamped where they come out of the handle tubes at mid-point, and also at the engine end.

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,915 Thanks
  • 4,821 posts

Posted January 09, 2017 - 09:25 AM

Toro PH.jpg

Here is where they come out of [ or go into ] the middle of the handle.  Was gonna get a pic of the levers and how the cables hook on but its all enclosed on the back side by a cover plate. 

Be glad to get that later today if you'd like but no time this morning.

Edited by Gtractor, January 09, 2017 - 12:05 PM.

• Bolens 1000, DougT, limebuzz and 3 others have said thanks