Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Snow again! Oh, and again! Oh, and 1/4" of freezing rain!

snow cub washington

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,113 Thanks
  • 1,315 posts

Posted January 17, 2017 - 04:11 PM

Ahhhh the worm gear type.

Mine had nothing, so I had to make mine. 

attachicon.gif20161027_125619.jpg

1 piece of angle iron  attach to the tractor and hold the rod/lever

1 rod from tractor supply 

1 stray piece of metal welded to the chute to attach the rod to. 

I love this type of chute control, at one time I was thinking of getting all fancy and installing a chute motor, but after a 1/2 a season with this. I am please with it and don't want to get fancy because fancy needs fixing at times, Only thing I would do different would be to use the next size up rod, this has a little flex to it. 

I like that set up,, i was thinking to notch the push pull rod so it could lock,,,or at least not spin around while yards of snow are flying out the chute

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#32 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,775 Thanks
  • 1,046 posts

Posted January 17, 2017 - 04:24 PM

I like that set up,, i was thinking to notch the push pull rod so it could lock,,,or at least not spin around while yards of snow are flying out the chute

That's a great idea!

I'm going give that a try hopefully before the next storm hits.  Just need to find a piece of rod long enough.

#33 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 1,877 Thanks
  • 991 posts

Posted January 18, 2017 - 08:29 AM

That's a great idea!

I'm going give that a try hopefully before the next storm hits.  Just need to find a piece of rod long enough.

4' piece at tractor supply is 5.99 

Like I said before pick the largest size rod you can, it may be a little harder to bend, but mine has a little flex to it. Bending the rod is easy, just get it red hot with the torch where you want it to bend and it will fold and bend very easy.

http://www.tractorsu...ow?cm_vc=-10005

#34 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 1,877 Thanks
  • 991 posts

Posted January 18, 2017 - 08:37 AM

I don't have any issues with mine spinning around, it will start to wonder to one side a bit, but you can use your right hand to steer as you correct the chute with your left....I am not sure I would like the notches many times as I am blowing I will go from left to right on the fly and it may want to catch that notch. I'd say try it with out the notch first , you can always notch it later.

#35 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,775 Thanks
  • 1,046 posts

Posted January 18, 2017 - 12:55 PM

That's a great idea!

Unfortunately we don't have TSC around here.  The closest store is about 200 miles away.  :(  

I do have several other stores that should carry that I stock.

We had freeze rain last night.  It shut just about everything down including Amtrak because of fallen trees.  I don't now the exact total but it have to be close to 1/4" 

• KennyP said thank you

#36 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,113 Thanks
  • 1,315 posts

Posted January 18, 2017 - 02:27 PM

Currently the rod for engaging my snowblower drive was a old 5' x 3/8" fire poker that the earth gave up. I lived here 20 years and one day I see the handle poking out of the earth near my well so dug the rest up and found exactly what I needed.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snow, cub, washington