Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Snow again! Oh, and again! Oh, and 1/4" of freezing rain!

snow cub washington

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,862 Thanks
  • 1,097 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 05:02 PM

Sorry to hear about the water damage, Mark. That can be a real mess.

Is it a fair guess that most people your way don't have much in the way of snow removal machinery?

Very few people have snow blowers.  Most people only have snow shovels.  I would always laugh when the local hardware store stocked snow blowers at the beginning of fall!  They were lucky to sell one during the season.  I never thought I would even own a snow blower had it not come with this tractor when it was given to me.

It's still snowing and it's suppose to continue for another 2 hours!  They predicted 1" to 2"!

• KennyP, tiretrx and Kster526 have said thanks

#17 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 346 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hmm better than my wether here in Wray we been getting rain
  • Kster526 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#18 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,862 Thanks
  • 1,097 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 12:20 PM

So, the storm seems to be finished.  It stopped at about 7p.m. last night but it dropped 2" more of snow in my driveway.  That adds up to 6" total for the whole day.  That brings our total for the year to 26".  They're predicting another storm on Sunday and Monday.  I found a roof rake at Lowes last night.  This is a small miracle because they said they have never carried them before until they unexpectedly arrived in a shipment.   It's telescopic and reaches over 14'.  It worked great at getting the snow off of my roof.  I also put some deicer on the roof to speed up the melting of my ice dam.  As a result,  I haven't noticed any more water damage to my bedroom ceiling. 

I looked up our annual snow fall at U.S. climate data.  It says we average an annual snow fall of 1" and our average annual rainfall of 7.75".  Our record snow fall for a season is 34" in 1955-56.  Looks like we might break that record!

Looks like I get more seat time in the Cub 1811 this morning helping the neighbors clean up from the storm!

• KennyP and Cjet69 have said thanks

#19 Cjet69 ONLINE  

Cjet69
  • Member No: 68442
  • 426 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 01:38 PM

It looks like the way the weather systems keep setting up you may be dealing with snow all winter. Over here we are just getting cool clear weather. It was about 23* last night which would be warm for you on the east side. The next couple of nights will be in the teens. Its been windy here. Bellingham had a gust of 70 mph yesterday with sustained winds around 35-45. 

Edited by Cjet69, January 11, 2017 - 01:50 PM.

• KennyP, Kster526 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#20 Kster526 OFFLINE  

Kster526
  • Member No: 77872
  • 770 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 01:56 PM

I'm sure here in Pa we are going to pay for this not so nasty Winter. I'm not complaining by any means. Sorry to hear about those problems in Washington State

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#21 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,862 Thanks
  • 1,097 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 04:47 PM

It looks like the way the weather systems keep setting up you may be dealing with snow all winter. Over here we are just getting cool clear weather. It was about 23* last night which would be warm for you on the east side. The next couple of nights will be in the teens. Its been windy here. Bellingham had a gust of 70 mph yesterday with sustained winds around 35-45. 

I hope your wrong! :D

I glad the wind wasn't that bad for us. 

• KennyP said thank you

#22 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,862 Thanks
  • 1,097 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 04:49 PM

I'm sure here in Pa we are going to pay for this not so nasty Winter. I'm not complaining by any means. Sorry to hear about those problems in Washington State

I don't think that we will have to worry about drought condition during the summer months this year.  Our reservoirs should be busting at the seems during the spring and summer melt.  Hope that won't be a problem for you in PA.

#23 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,185 Thanks
  • 1,350 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 05:32 PM

I'm not a fan of the chute control on the Sears. It needs some tweaking. Cold enough today that got good traction and could really plow through the snow
Wife took pics from deck she just cleared, tomorrow I have to clear snow off roof on south side of house. We are getting our fair share of snow

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3401.JPG
  • IMG_3402.JPG

Edited by Jazz, January 11, 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#24 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 346 Thanks
  • 484 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 04:09 PM

Got a freezing drizzle on Sunday and a snow storm on monday

#25 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 2,052 Thanks
  • 1,053 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 09:20 AM

I'm not a fan of the chute control on the Sears. It needs some tweaking. Cold enough today that got good traction and could really plow through the snow
Wife took pics from deck she just cleared, tomorrow I have to clear snow off roof on south side of house. We are getting our fair share of snow

You referring to the push/pull rod for the chute? if so I love it, way easier then spinning my lever on my WH , You can change directions faster then anything out there, and because its just a push pull rod, its reliable. I have had to rewind the cable on my wh, also had the cable end slide out while in use. With the push pull, you can also jerk it back and forth real fast and clear the chute. IMO having the simple push pull lever really makes my life easy as it will be one thing I one thing that won't need fixing. 

Only down side for me is that the sears don't get a full 90 degree. 

• Jazz said thank you

#26 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 2,185 Thanks
  • 1,350 posts

Posted January 14, 2017 - 01:17 PM

You referring to the push/pull rod for the chute? if so I love it, way easier then spinning my lever on my WH , You can change directions faster then anything out there, and because its just a push pull rod, its reliable. I have had to rewind the cable on my wh, also had the cable end slide out while in use. With the push pull, you can also jerk it back and forth real fast and clear the chute. IMO having the simple push pull lever really makes my life easy as it will be one thing I one thing that won't need fixing. 

Only down side for me is that the sears don't get a full 90 degree. 

Mine has the worm gear type.  It's a PIA to use.  A lever type would be superior

#27 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 2,052 Thanks
  • 1,053 posts

Posted January 15, 2017 - 09:18 AM

Ahhhh the worm gear type.

Mine had nothing, so I had to make mine. 

20161027_125619.jpg

1 piece of angle iron  attach to the tractor and hold the rod/lever

1 rod from tractor supply 

1 stray piece of metal welded to the chute to attach the rod to. 

I love this type of chute control, at one time I was thinking of getting all fancy and installing a chute motor, but after a 1/2 a season with this. I am please with it and don't want to get fancy because fancy needs fixing at times, Only thing I would do different would be to use the next size up rod, this has a little flex to it. 

• Jazz and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#28 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,862 Thanks
  • 1,097 posts

Posted January 16, 2017 - 11:15 PM

Ahhhh the worm gear type.

Mine had nothing, so I had to make mine. 

attachicon.gif20161027_125619.jpg

1 piece of angle iron  attach to the tractor and hold the rod/lever

1 rod from tractor supply 

1 stray piece of metal welded to the chute to attach the rod to. 

I love this type of chute control, at one time I was thinking of getting all fancy and installing a chute motor, but after a 1/2 a season with this. I am please with it and don't want to get fancy because fancy needs fixing at times, Only thing I would do different would be to use the next size up rod, this has a little flex to it. 

How do you keep the chute from turning by itself when snow is being pushed out?  The chute on my 1811 will turn by itself because the gear that turns my chute has been changed by someone else.  I'm looking for  a way to fix mine.  They want $50 on ebay for a replacement chute gearbox control.

#29 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 2,052 Thanks
  • 1,053 posts

Posted January 17, 2017 - 09:49 AM

How do you keep the chute from turning by itself when snow is being pushed out?  The chute on my 1811 will turn by itself because the gear that turns my chute has been changed by someone else.  I'm looking for  a way to fix mine.  They want $50 on ebay for a replacement chute gearbox control.

Not sure how your chute is attached, but the sears has a little resistance in the chute , but you do have to steer it much like you have to when your driving the tractor. 

#30 mbrandt1402 OFFLINE  

mbrandt1402
  • Member No: 85672
  • 9 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted January 17, 2017 - 01:47 PM

Mark J, how are you doing with the forecasted ice storm? Nothing happening up here in Newport at the moment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snow, cub, washington