I am looking at purchasing a garden tractor for our church property and after a fairly exhaustive amount of research, I have come down to two choices that are in our price range:
· Deere X380 w/ 48” deck & 44” 2 stage snow blower
· Cub Cadet XT2 GX54 w/ 54” deck & 42” 3 stage snow blower
The property consists of approximately 2 acres of lawn that needs to be mowed and need to clear snow for a relatively long driveway and parking lot for 50 cars. Everything is pretty flat. Also, this is central NJ so we don't get too much snow, but we do get some.
Any thoughts between these two tractors?
· Transmission: They both have the K58
· Motors: Deere has the kawasaki FS651V, and the Cub has the Kohler 7000
· Deck: close in size, but the CC is fabricated while the JD is stamped
· Snow blowers: Deere is slightly wider, while the CC is a three stage
· Price: Negotiated price is about $1500 cheaper for the Cub Cadet
I really want to buy something that is going to do the job and will last. Is the Deere worth the extra money? If so, why? Based on the stats I have looked at, it appears that it might not be, but I know people swear by them. What am I missing here? Anything else I should consider between these two?
Any input that you may have would be greatly appreciated.