4 replies to this topic

#1 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 352 Thanks
  • 307 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 01:09 PM

So, the cable on my big 2 stage broke on me. The routing of the new cable is no issue, but I notice the cable has a tendency to bind when going past a certain point in rotation. Is the some sort of guide or serperator that should be in place on the pulley on the end of cylinder? Or has anyone come up with a way to prevent this problem?

Thanks!

#2 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,329 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 02:16 PM

There is nothing special about the pulleys on mine. They appear to be standard idler pulley type, and I believe that they are original to the blower.

#3 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 384 Thanks
  • 296 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 03:34 PM

so I'll chime in here to ask a few questions about the cable also. first off, is there someone reproducing these cables now? I need both of the chute related ones, the one for chute turning and also the one that adjusts the height or angle the chute launches snow. I'm not planning on using this blower on my ht20 but if I can locate the cables I may just fix it for another future purpose. Unless there's anyone wanting an excellent parts blower, I'd sell it also.

#4 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 352 Thanks
  • 307 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 05:27 PM

There is nothing special about the pulleys on mine. They appear to be standard idler pulley type, and I believe that they are original to the blower.

Would you mind sending some pictures?

My issue in not with the pulley, but with the cable binding where they intersect each other at the base of the chutes

so I'll chime in here to ask a few questions about the cable also. first off, is there someone reproducing these cables now? I need both of the chute related ones, the one for chute turning and also the one that adjusts the height or angle the chute launches snow. I'm not planning on using this blower on my ht20 but if I can locate the cables I may just fix it for another future purpose. Unless there's anyone wanting an excellent parts blower, I'd sell it also.

Not to my knowledge, but I can show you where I came up with for the chute turning cable and I am going to be installing an electric actuator for the chute cap adjustment.

#5 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,329 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 11:15 PM

I found a long housed cable at my local auto parts store that I will someday use for the adjustment of the chute cap. It has a T-handle on one end and is the twist-lock type so it will hold position. I think it is similar in intent to the factory version, but I will also need to fabricate a mounting bracket for the left side of the dash tower. I got the blower, but the seller did not have all of the necessary extras.