The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,930 Thanks
  • 4,826 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 01:22 PM

Poor guy is delusional.
Well, it does say "barn find". Maybe it comes with the barn and 5 acres? :toilethead:

I'll go ahead and post the pic for posterity, but I expect it to be around for a looooooooong time at that price.

sears loadr.jpg ,sears lodr 1.jpg ,sears lodr 2.jpg
  • boyscout862, Tecumseh power and Greasy6020 have said thanks

#3 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 1,454 Thanks
  • 1,104 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 02:12 PM

I agree^^
  • Gtractor and Greasy6020 have said thanks

#4 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 971 Thanks
  • 740 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 03:32 PM

Maybe, just maybe, if he knocked off a grand lol
  • Greasy6020 said thank you

#5 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,963 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 05:30 PM

Actually,I'm going to play Devils Advocate.
The loader is worth a grand. Possibly more in some markets, especially with it being a self leveler.
The OEM dual kit is a couple hundred at least. OEM Manure Forks, probably a hundred.
Is the motor destroyed or just stuck from sitting? Coil good? Starter? These parts all have some value.
Not saying its a screaming deal, all I'm saying is he's probably within a few hundred.
I spent more than I should have for my loader, but I had waited over two years to find one local-ish and I had a project that would be made much easier with much easier with a nimble loader tractor.
  • blackjackjakexxix, jimbobbillyray, Cvans and 4 others have said thanks

#6 jimbobbillyray OFFLINE  

jimbobbillyray
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,703 Thanks
  • 2,701 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 07:12 AM

that's just his asking price.  anybody shot him an offer yet? 

• Dane in PA and Greasy6020 have said thanks

#7 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Permanent Lurker

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 552 Thanks
  • 616 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 10:15 AM

A lot of people are quick to judge a price, but I daresay you've lost sight of the art of negotiating.  It's an asking price.  It's meant to be high.  The lad would be delusional if he didn't think someone wasn't going to come and knock him down to $1500, which is a more than respectable price for a loader, manure bucket, factory dual wheel kit, 3-pt and an SS/16 --even with a locked up engine.  I'm not an Onan guy, and I'm certainly not as big of a Sears guy as I used to be --but even I know that in the shape that machine is in, that engine has a ton of good usable parts --or could even be gotten running again.  

Here is how I break it down:

Loader: $800 +/-
Manure Bucket: $200 +/- (try buying another)
Tractor: $300
3-pt (though incomplete, the expensive parts are there): $115
Dual-Wheel Adapter: $150
Chains: $50

So, $1500, $1600 or even $1700 isn't unforeseeable depending on how a buyer values each item, or the package as a whole.  

Everything looks to be in very nice condition for being a "barn-find" --so I'd suspect that everything would be in good order.

Just the $0.02 of someone who isn't afraid to pony-up for something worth while, and doesn't want things for nothing.  

Edited by Dane in PA, January 04, 2017 - 12:36 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix, jimbobbillyray, shorty and 2 others have said thanks

#8 Bdgjr215 ONLINE  

Bdgjr215
  • Member No: 81793
  • 82 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 03:36 PM

A lot of people are quick to judge a price, but I daresay you've lost sight of the art of negotiating.  It's an asking price.  It's meant to be high.  The lad would be delusional if he didn't think someone wasn't going to come and knock him down to $1500, which is a more than respectable price for a loader, manure bucket, factory dual wheel kit, 3-pt and an SS/16 --even with a locked up engine.  I'm not an Onan guy, and I'm certainly not as big of a Sears guy as I used to be --but even I know that in the shape that machine is in, that engine has a ton of good usable parts --or could even be gotten running again.  
Here is how I break it down:
Loader: $800 +/-
Manure Bucket: $200 +/- (try buying another)
Tractor: $300
3-pt (though incomplete, the expensive parts are there): $115
Dual-Wheel Adapter: $150
So, $1500, $1600 or even $1700 isn't unforeseeable depending on how a buyer values each item, or the package as a whole.  
Everything looks to be in very nice condition for being a "barn-find" --so I'd suspect that everything would be in good order.
Just the $0.02 of someone who isn't afraid to pony-up for something worth while, and doesn't want things for nothing.

See thats the problem,most guys scour craigslist looking for a deal, and those same guys still dont have a loader and spent countless hours looking.My times valueable so if I see something I want I pull the trigger if the price is fair.
  • blackjackjakexxix and jimbobbillyray have said thanks