Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

putting front end loader on a strong land 1872 hydraulic drive tractor ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • Member No: 9859
  • 35 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 04:11 PM

I need a front bucket for moving gravel and dirt . was wondering if the strongland would be strong enough to put a front end loader on it. seems well built but the hydraulic drive might not hold up for long what do you think???  power hydraulic steering is a great feature on these tractors and would be nice if the rear end would hold up,I'm sure the rest of the tractor would..  Just don't want to tear the rear end out of it.

#2 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,774 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 09:57 PM

Looking at the documents on this site(http://www.speedextr...cumentation.htm) it appears to me it probably should be able to handle it.

It looks like the transmission is rated for 38HP continuous use.  Strongland also appears to have sold a loader for the 72 series tractors which I'm guessing would be an 1872 and 2072.

On the other hand everything eventually wears out.  Generally faster the harder you work it.

• Alc, KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,446 Thanks
  • 7,813 posts

Posted January 01, 2017 - 12:25 AM

Strongland, we need to see it. Is it early one, just a rebuilt Speedex, OR, the newer models of their designs?  Those were plenty strong on bigger models, Yet the hydraulic pump itself was not so good and went bad quick. SO, maybe that is what you need to look at first? 

• Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 35 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 04:51 PM

the pump on the rear end is the only thing i'm worried about the rest of the tractor seems to be very well built also I think the tractor is a newer form of the speedex .I think when strong land bought them out for a short while they made this one. there is know other pump offered that i know of that will fit it and everyone told me i prob, couldn't afford to have the original rebuilt if anything was to go bad in it. or they could be wrong and you guys could tell me if there is a pump that would be able to fit with a little modifying . Just don't wanna have another piece of junk laying around that i can't find parts for. been there done that wife don't like it she thinks they don't make good yard ornaments......... go figure.  I never thought that way, the more junk i had in the yard the less i had to mow :thumbs:

#5 H16VANGUARD OFFLINE  

H16VANGUARD
  • Member No: 70281
  • 9 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted January 08, 2017 - 08:11 AM

YES! YES! YES! I put the very 1st loader on my 1872 Strongland in 1994 even before the factory did. WORKS JUST GREAT all these years of service! It was a old Kwik Way brand loader that I modified to fit.  Added power steering & golf cart type front tires & a set of tire chains. I tied the hydraulics right into the tractor pump. It's very stable & digs compact dirt with ease. It has the original hydraulic pump & never a problem.

• Cvans said thank you

#6 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 35 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 12:27 AM

Good to here it i'll start gather up some metal to make a front end loader. I've already found 4 good hydro rams so now all i need is to find some square tubing or or just weld up some arms out of 1/8" steel to make the arms and bucket then put a 1/2" piece for the cutting edge. how heavy should I make it or just keep it as light duty as i can??

#7 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 35 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 12:32 AM

I can't thank everyone enough for the info that you have given me on this tractor know one around where i live has even heard of a strongland tractor and know has any idea of what it can or can't do so thanks again for the advice keep it up you guys are great :rocker2:  :D  :worshippy1:

#8 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,774 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 07:48 AM

I can't thank everyone enough for the info that you have given me on this tractor know one around where i live has even heard of a strongland tractor and know has any idea of what it can or can't do so thanks again for the advice keep it up you guys are great :rocker2:  :D  :worshippy1:

Very few people know Strongland tractors.  There weren't many built.

We are still waiting for pictures.  They're rare enough that pictures of yours are as close as most of us will ever get to seeing one.

• Alc said thank you

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,743 Thanks
  • 44,527 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 08:31 AM

I had not heard of them until this thread. Be nice to see a pic!

#10 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 35 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 08:42 PM

I can't seem to get my pics on laptop right now but as soon as I do I'll  be putting them up for you guys sorry for this.

Lost the wire that goes from camera to laptop.

• KennyP said thank you

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,743 Thanks
  • 44,527 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 06:45 AM

My camera and my old phone used the same cord, so you might have the option to find one of those that will work.

#12 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 35 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 08:46 PM

I will try to find one but they always end up in the same place where the one sock out of the dryer that you just new that both was in there when you put it in the dryer ( you know that place) :D  :D  :D   

I call it the VOID

Edited by Bill2, January 13, 2017 - 08:47 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#13 djangonut OFFLINE  

djangonut
  • Member No: 86630
  • 2 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 26, 2017 - 07:55 PM

I am trying to post a photo of my Strongland tractor for those who expressed an interest. So far have not figured out how to do that.  I'll get it worked out. I can answer questions about the history of the tractor if folks are interested.

1995 Stongland 1872.JPG  

• shorty and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#14 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,335 Thanks
  • 9,720 posts

Posted April 27, 2017 - 04:05 AM

That mower deck, are the blades timed?

#15 MiCarl ONLINE