• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mjes92 OFFLINE  

mjes92
  • Member No: 84982
  • 33 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 11:55 PM

I could use a little help understanding the intended design and installation of the FMC wheel weights.  The small bracket in the photo was secured to the weight by one coarse thread bolt / through hole and the other tapped hole in the bracket is tapped fine thread.  I believe the fine thread bolt is to be used as a pusher/tensioner bolt.

IMG_1744.JPG

fmc weight.jpg

IMG_2356.JPG

Temporarily hanging on the 3pt.

Does anyone have an installation manual for these weight.  Or an explanation.

Thanks

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#2 1oldbuzz OFFLINE  

1oldbuzz
  • Member No: 61298
  • 452 Thanks
  • 387 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 05:45 AM

I will assume this is a 15 inch weight?

also will assume you have 6 bolt rim?

the weight attaches with 2 of the lug/rim bolts

any 2 directly across from each other

may require a longer bolt

bolt goes through the little plate- and through the rim

the plate is for stacking more weights

that's  why one hole is threaded

and if I recall you can stack 3 weights

• Alc and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#3 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 04:13 PM

The 15" rims available for the early Bolens large Frames have 12 bolt holes; so do the hub flanges. Because you only use 6 of the holes to mount the wheel to the tractor, you do not need to take out 2 of those mounting bolts in order to mount the first of the 15" plate weights. The small tab pieces have one threaded hole and a slightly larger unthreaded hole. Using the unthreaded hole with the tabs placed in the recess on the weight, insert long enough standard bolts to mount the plate weight using hub flange locations that were not used to mount the wheel in the first place. Once one weight is installed, repeat the process for each additional weight you are mounting on that wheel. Each time, the new bolt goes through the unthreaded hole on the tabs used to mount the second weight, and threads into the threaded hole of the tab used to mount the first weight on that wheel. And so forth for the 3rd weight on that wheel. (As noted before, and as cast into the weights themselves, the maximum number of weights per wheel is 3.)
  • blackjackjakexxix and 29 Chev have said thanks

#4 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher
  • Member No: 2755
  • 742 Thanks
  • 746 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 04:42 PM

The 15" rims available for the early Bolens large Frames have 12 bolt holes; so do the hub flanges. Because you only use 6 of the holes to mount the wheel to the tractor, you do not need to take out 2 of those mounting bolts in order to mount the first of the 15" plate weights. The small tab pieces have one threaded hole and a slightly larger unthreaded hole. Using the unthreaded hole with the tabs placed in the recess on the weight, insert long enough standard bolts to mount the plate weight using hub flange locations that were not used to mount the wheel in the first place. Once one weight is installed, repeat the process for each additional weight you are mounting on that wheel. Each time, the new bolt goes through the unthreaded hole on the tabs used to mount the second weight, and threads into the threaded hole of the tab used to mount the first weight on that wheel. And so forth for the 3rd weight on that wheel. (As noted before, and as cast into the weights themselves, the maximum number of weights per wheel is 3.)

Would you mind telling us nonBolens what reason for double the amount of holes then needed? Just curious if had more attachments besides weights. My brain is leaning toward Mad Max tire shredders. 

• adamjd200 said thank you

#5 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted January 01, 2017 - 09:39 AM

Other than the wheel weights, I know of nothing that would need the extra holes in the rim or the hub flange.

#6 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,863 Thanks
  • 4,748 posts

Posted January 01, 2017 - 09:37 PM

The extra holes are for the DUAL WHEEL KIT.

100_4569.JPG

100_4612.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, January 01, 2017 - 09:43 PM.

• LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix, gopher and 1 other said thanks

#7 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 02:19 PM

For the life of me, I don't know why I keep forgetting about the installation of the dual wheel kit for the extra 6 holes. Must be because nobody will sell a set to me!