• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ritamiller OFFLINE  

ritamiller
  • Member No: 85478
  • 128 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 02:32 PM

Well, Hubby picked up the MF7 painted parts this morning.  He's in his shop.  How long do you think he can last without food and water?

Bummer.  Our granddaughter, sweetest girl ever, who is a full time freshman in college, works 2 jobs, and has her first apartment, came home yesterday to find her apartment ransacked and all her Christmas gifts that she had bought and wrapped were gone.  Also gone was the $500 cash she had received as a gift  the night before.  They even stole a box of treats she had wrapped for the dog.  Most likely someone she knows and with social media, they knew she was at work. This was the first year she had purchased gifts with her own money. The "things" can be replaced, but she will never get over the burglary itself.  

I have added a door jamb rod to my Christmas list.  We're in Glendale, KY and she's in Cookeville, TN so we can't do much except worry now.   

• MH81, hamman, Cvans and 6 others have said thanks

#2 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 5,831 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 03:00 PM

Who ever is responsible for that  is the lowest of low , and they will live with that on their backs for the rest of their low lives.

• hamman, MFDAC and propane1 have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,436 Thanks
  • 8,469 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 03:03 PM

Nasty surprise for her. If she reported it to the police and has renters insurance, it may be covered. The social media does make it easy for the bad guys. My college kid doesn't even want me on GTT. He thinks that I am not carefull enough. I hope that she is able to recover and enjoy the holidays. Good Luck, Rick
  • MH81, hamman, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,436 Thanks
  • 8,469 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 03:11 PM

Who ever is responsible for that  is the lowest of low , and they will live with that on their backs for the rest of their low lives.

The schools teach the kids that they are "entitled". So, they think that they should be allowed to take what they want and tough luck for everyone else. I'm afraid that it is going to get much worse. Good Luck, Rick
  • MFDAC, dodge trucker and adamjd200 have said thanks

#5 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 7,755 Thanks
  • 3,796 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 03:18 PM

Makes me wonder what is wrong with people that do that. Drug money I guess. The no good for nuthins should be, well, I won't say. We had people here in my area that broke into a wishing well and stole all the money out of it. That's even lower than low.

Noel
  • KennyP, MFDAC, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#6 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 4,684 Thanks
  • 2,064 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 04:50 PM

A man can go for days without food and water when tinkering with garden tractors. Okay, maybe not days, but quite a few hours, I would say. It's terrible how someone could have the nerve to do this to your daughter, but there are many evil people roaming around these days. She sound like a strong and determined person, so she will get through this and become a bit wiser. More and more, good people have to live with their guard up, unfortunately. Even though bad things like this happen, there are still many good people out there. We just have to be very selective in who we choose to associate with, and time itself proves this. Just remind her that Christmas is about family being together when possible, and being together or talking with one another, is the best gift anyone can ever receive. A Merry Christmas to you all!

Edited by classic, December 21, 2016 - 04:51 PM.

• KennyP, MFDAC, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,140 Thanks
  • 7,580 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 04:55 PM

A few beers or sodas in his little frig there, and a good Milk jug or other device for "output" and candy bar or snax,  can work till you are just too darn tired to make correct repairs and quit!  OH, also pain killers, at My age anymore a back-ache or knees gone bad will most likely end My session in the shop!

• KennyP, MFDAC, dodge trucker and 1 other said thanks

#8 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,161 Thanks
  • 4,545 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 05:49 PM

Rita, sorry for your granddaughters misfortune.

I agree about the social media business and everyone knows where you are all the time...Damn low-lifes!

• MFDAC, boyscout862 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#9 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,572 Thanks
  • 4,701 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Sounds like a good day for hubby and a very rough week for your granddaughter. We got hit a few times last year. A very depressing situation.
  • MFDAC and dodge trucker have said thanks

#10 ritamiller OFFLINE  

ritamiller
  • Member No: 85478
  • 128 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 06:24 PM

Well, hubby surfaced.  ONLY because he needed to take a look at decal placement.   He did grab some food, so there's no telling how much longer it could be.  He must be doing good since  there's no word of needing any parts....yet

Granddaughter is doing okay.  Brave girl  stayed in her apartment last night, just because she wanted to.  The police did come and take a report.   Among the gifts they stole were the gifts for her 5 and 8 year-old brothers.  It takes a despicable person to steal wrapped Christmas gifts from under a Christmas tree.  Wonder what they thought when they opened the treats for the dog.

• limebuzz, MH81, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#11 poppyshoppe OFFLINE  

poppyshoppe
  • Member No: 49575
  • 92 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 11:49 PM

11:39, in for the night.  The MF7 is coming alive, "I love it when a plan comes together".  Pictures soon.

• MH81, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,917 Thanks
  • 29,739 posts

Posted December 21, 2016 - 11:54 PM

Glad to hear that the tractor is going well.
Sorry to hear your Grand daughter has to deal with the dregs of society.

One more thing to add to the long list of why FB is bad
  • KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#13 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,261 Thanks
  • 735 posts

Posted December 22, 2016 - 12:02 AM

If she doesn't have renters insurance, she should get some. It's only $ 100 or so a year.

This is the only social media that I use. I don't do facebook, Twitter or any of that kind of stuff. I ask my friends if ten years ago they would have called several hundred of their closest "friends" to tell them they went out to dinner or on vacation. They always look stunned when I ask why would they put that on the Internet?
  • KennyP, boyscout862 and LilysDad have said thanks

#14 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 11,825 Thanks
  • 8,940 posts

Posted December 22, 2016 - 07:58 AM

Makes me wonder what is wrong with people that do that. Drug money I guess. The no good for nuthins should be, well, I won't say. We had people here in my area that broke into a wishing well and stole all the  money out of it. That's even lower than low.

Noel

That's pretty sad when someone will steal from charity. Put that on Facebook for the perp to read. Last fall, I was working Saturdays at the local Upick orchard. They have a problem with a few folks who will steal apples and fill up a large purse or back pack. Can you imagine giving up your reputation for a dozen apples?

Rita, sorry for your granddaughters misfortune.

I agree about the social media business and everyone knows where you are all the time...Damn low-lifes!

Maybe she can work the media to her advantage, "Sorry, gotta' go. It's time to feed Charles the 200 hundred pound rottwieler." "My new boyfriend is a bouncer at the biker bar."

• limebuzz and propane1 have said thanks

#15 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 1,480 Thanks
  • 809 posts

Posted December 22, 2016 - 09:06 AM

Not to give him any ideas, but we have a member here that has a bed in his shop ....just say'in....haha

• limebuzz and KennyP have said thanks