1 reply to this topic

#1 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted June 03, 2011 - 06:31 AM

my stepfather kinda has the yellow bug now. he has a 149 that he purchased a couple months ago. he is starting to clean things up and do some paint work. the front grill/headlight assembly is just a work of art. he is a very skilled craftsman and when he does something it looks incredible, he pays attention to the details. i hope one day i can be as talented as he is. when he bought the tractor he got the 149, a 50 deck, a qa42 blower, a set of chains, and an extra set of rear wheels for 600 bucks. the deck is in fair condition, he has also been working on fixing some cracks in the deck. he bought the tractor because he had an MTD cub cadet 2135 that my parents bought brand new back in 1998. that machine has since fallen apart with less than 400 hours on it. when they bought the 2135, they thought that it was going to equal the quality of the IH my stepfather had when he was growing up, sadly it wasn't. so my stepfather did what i considered to be the only intelligent choice. he replaced that newer lawn mower with an much older, much higher quality older tractor, a real tractor. right now he is playing with it allot, but once he gets it back together i really think he is going to enjoy it. i think the 149 is a really nicely built machine. his is also in really good shape to begin with. the pain on the frame is barely worn, only minor scratches. he needed another mower and another snow blower(the toro i gave im finally bit the dust, not worth fixing anymore). the 149 will meet all of his needs in style.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 03, 2011 - 06:48 AM

:welcome: to GTTalk!
Nice to meet you, your StepFather and his new addition.

When you get a chance, post some pics... We love to see GT's, even ones with "special" grills.