• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,883 Thanks
  • 2,011 posts

Posted December 09, 2016 - 10:28 PM

I was searching ebay tonight and came across these, they are scratch and dent and will need tubes but the price is right(as I change out tires on my tractors I switch them all to having tubes)

http://www.ebay.com/...sd=361298176444

They also have them single for $17.99, I think I'm going to order a set for my '74 Wheel horse.

• Traill95 said thank you

#2 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,452 Thanks
  • 1,796 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 02:31 AM

I believe thats what I payed at a show for Calisle ribs with (tubes) at a show from Miller, with a warranty a few years back.

Chinese prices are really not far off of USA tire prices, BUT, do "WE" (American jobs) really NEED to save 50-100 bucks? Its your wallet, you decide.

Milage may vari depending on area I suppose?

Edited by stiemmy, December 10, 2016 - 02:39 AM.

#3 DennyIN OFFLINE  

DennyIN
  • Member No: 52096
  • 312 Thanks
  • 192 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 07:53 AM

A couple of years back I was in a money pinch on a $200 mower I had and bought these, they actually say tubeless on the tires. They are imported and kind of thin, but they were inexpensive, I think I paid $25 for them at the time. They were flatter than a pancake which is why they recommend tubes. Being in the money pinch I didn't use tubes, had a tough time getting them to seal, and after a while the air did leak out of one of them. If you get them use tubes, which adds to the cost. They were OK for me at the time, but now I have a couple of nickels to rub together so I buy better tires.  

#4 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,883 Thanks
  • 2,011 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 08:38 AM

I believe thats what I payed at a show for Calisle ribs with (tubes) at a show from Miller, with a warranty a few years back.

Chinese prices are really not far off of USA tire prices, BUT, do "WE" (American jobs) really NEED to save 50-100 bucks? Its your wallet, you decide.

Milage may vari depending on area I suppose?

I can get Carlisle's local but they are $30+/- a piece plus tubes, only one place local that I know of sells them, most around here sell Deestone or similar.  Imo, Miller is expensive unless you have them bring your tires to a show(only one they come to around here isn't until August). The price in the add is for a pair($28).

#5 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,883 Thanks
  • 2,011 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 08:44 AM

A couple of years back I was in a money pinch on a $200 mower I had and bought these, they actually say tubeless on the tires. They are imported and kind of thin, but they were inexpensive, I think I paid $25 for them at the time. They were flatter than a pancake which is why they recommend tubes. Being in the money pinch I didn't use tubes, had a tough time getting them to seal, and after a while the air did leak out of one of them. If you get them use tubes, which adds to the cost. They were OK for me at the time, but now I have a couple of nickels to rub together so I buy better tires.  

I put tubes in all my tires, most of the time I buy used tires, but around here they want new prices for used ags and rib tires, they rarely come up at auctions, many won't even let you bring them in good or otherwise, I missed a set at an auction a couple of months ago.

#6 Bob E OFFLINE  

Bob E
  • Member No: 85024
  • 78 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 09:01 AM

Those tires in the link don't look like the good kind of ribs... I'd rather spend a couple more bucks for some tsc turfs...

http://www.tractorsu...re-15x600-6-4pr

#7 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,883 Thanks
  • 2,011 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 09:11 AM

I forgot to mention I ordered a pair last night, we'll se how this goes.

#8 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,105 Thanks
  • 7,546 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 12:42 PM

Online ag store, think AGS?  sends me ads in email. Last one showed wheel and tire in 16 x 6.50 x 8.00 in 2 ply with 3/4" hole in center for axle and some offset, plus keyway (which was not good for most items) for only $5!  Had tubes also. One fella said one of his was flat when he got it, another said he thought were pretty good FOR the money!  Heh!   Fronts I get Carlisle at local tire store, tubes if on old rims, tubeless if on my cleaned/painted rims most times. Any good tire is pricey anymore, not sure why that has changed.  Rubber plantations pay their help more????   Not many manufacturers even make anymore. Has the market really gone away??? 

#9 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,093 Thanks
  • 2,808 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 01:11 PM

My uncle had a brand new pair of 2 ply ribs on the little Cub Cadet 70.They did OK until I put the plow on.Had to air them up to around 20lbs so they would hold the tractor up.I pushed a bunch of leaves and small sticks around and caught a small stick in the sidewall and immediately ventilated the side of the tire.

Needless to say It has a pair of 4 ply tires on it now.Couldn't find a pair of 6ply in my price range.

2 ply is a actually even to thin even for a wheel barrow tire.I was always blowing tubes out in my old wheel barrow until I put a $17 4 ply Ebay Carlisle tire on it last spring.If it blows again I'm going with a solid tire.Prices on them have dropped Alot.I use it alot and can't afford to be putting tubes in it every couple months.

If they don't hold up for you very long here's a 15x6.00 6 4 ply rib tire.There more money but should hold up for a long time.$24 each shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/...YQAAOSwLVZVvQEE

Edited by EricFromPa, December 10, 2016 - 01:13 PM.

• adamjd200 said thank you

#10 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,883 Thanks
  • 2,011 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 02:03 PM

My uncle had a brand new pair of 2 ply ribs on the little Cub Cadet 70.They did OK until I put the plow on.Had to air them up to around 20lbs so they would hold the tractor up.I pushed a bunch of leaves and small sticks around and caught a small stick in the sidewall and immediately ventilated the side of the tire.

Needless to say It has a pair of 4 ply tires on it now.Couldn't find a pair of 6ply in my price range.

2 ply is a actually even to thin even for a wheel barrow tire.I was always blowing tubes out in my old wheel barrow until I put a $17 4 ply Ebay Carlisle tire on it last spring.If it blows again I'm going with a solid tire.Prices on them have dropped Alot.I use it alot and can't afford to be putting tubes in it every couple months.

If they don't hold up for you very long here's a 15x6.00 6 4 ply rib tire.There more money but should hold up for a long time.$24 each shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/...YQAAOSwLVZVvQEE

Thanks, I'm gonna give these a try, worst case I can put them on a trailer(off road) that I have, the tractor that they are going on is going to be used for sleeve hitch duty and occasional mowing. 

#11 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • 1,883 Thanks
  • 2,011 posts

Posted December 16, 2016 - 05:53 PM

I got them yesterday, they are heavier than I expected for 2ply.

• KennyP said thank you