Garden Tractor Forums banner

Smoking good deal found on garden tractor wheels!

Tags
found
1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Firemang 
#1 ·
Wanted to pass this on to everyone. Found a deal on new 8" x 5.5" wheels, 3/4" bore, with new bearings at www.surpluscenter.com for $5.99 each!!! The color is black but no big deal to paint them. Only drawback I found was they don't have the 2 holes drilled in them to mount front wheel weights but I bet if you had a transfer punch and a drill press bet you could replicate them pretty easy. Picked up a pair and gonna put a set of 16x6.50x8 tri ribs on them. Anyways, just thought I'd pass it on.

#5 ·
If anyone gets some of these please let me know what the width of out side of bearing to bearing is. Want to make sure they are not to wide to fit my spindle

thank you Bill
Here you go.

8 x 5.5 STEEL WHEEL RIM w/BEARINGS
New take-offs, black steel rim with dual ball bearings for 8" tires.

SPECIFICATIONS

• Wheel Rim Size 8" X 5.5"
  • O.D. 8-7/8"
  • Width 6-5/16"
  • Hub 3/4" Bore x 3-1/16" wide
  • Hub Type Offset
  • Shpg. 8 lbs.

#6 ·
Good deal ! There was a thread about culitpackers and someone mentioned using GT wheels to build one , this would be a nice start

#7 ·
Man, I wonder what my Sears rims measure? I am getting new tires soon and that would be great to be able to just swap out new rims/tires without having tractor down long for mounting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.