• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,562 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 11:14 AM

I was looking thru C/L this morning and a lot of 'Too good to be true's '  were popping up , some tractors and this trailer which I E-Mailled for more info . Thought for this price it would make a good tractor hauler. This is the response . .....
The ad and the pictures were posted this morning . I am going to do the same inquiry for one of the Tractors , there is no link to report this .

My name is Diana, happy to see you are interested in my 2014 Eclipse Aluminum Horse Trailer Slant Load 2-Horse. Like new 2014 Eclipse slant load 2 horse bumper pull trailer w/ extended dressing room for a trailer length of 14 feet. Has a lifetime poly floor w/ rubber mats and 1/2 rubber mat walls adjustable sliding partition divides the two horse bays. The final price is $1,500 Firm!
Because of my divorce settlement, I own this trailer and right now i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.
My current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through Amazon services in order for you to be 100% protected. You will have the chance to inspect the trailer before I will be paid! Which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period before buying the trailer.The price($1,500) includes all the shipping taxes and fees. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping.You will receive the trailer in about 3 days.

If you want to complete the purchase please send me your; Full Name, Full Shipping Address and phone number and I will notify Amazon that you are selected as my buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Here are the pictures with the trailer: http://imgur.com/a/VcZWy
Sincerely,

Now , I wonder how this is going to work out for me .
Beware - This is surely a scam .

• Traill95, boyscout862, Dane in PA and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,525 Thanks
  • 9,820 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 11:17 AM

If we could just publicly execute about 100 random CL scammers, I think things would improve.
  • Bolens 1000, Gtractor, Alc and 7 others have said thanks

#3 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • 1,562 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 11:20 AM

If you notice the 'reply' box say's see below , then there are e-mail addresses in the text  , There were at least 10 different ads like this today just in the SWmi. farm section. I have never seen it done like this before .

• stiemmy and ericjr16 have said thanks

#4 ericjr16 OFFLINE  

ericjr16
  • Member No: 54135
  • 1,049 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 11:23 AM

I see them a lot with FEL machines up here. Be careful with anything with them, I get ones trying to get my machines for sale too or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • stiemmy and MGP59DB have said thanks

#5 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,901 Thanks
  • 4,555 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 11:28 AM

I go through and delete scam ads everyday on CL. It's never going away.

• boyscout862, stiemmy, ericjr16 and 1 other said thanks

#6 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 11:33 AM

I have seen those in Wisconsin too. I myself stay away too. As soon as I feel any sales pressure from the ad that has any mention of shipping, and 3rd party folks handling transaction monies, I move on.

Edited by stiemmy, December 07, 2016 - 11:34 AM.

• boyscout862, HANKG, ericjr16 and 1 other said thanks

#7 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • 1,562 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 11:34 AM

I was looking thru the fraud info on C/L and found this...

Actual scam emails sent to craigslist users:

Hi,

I am selling this car because my platoon has been sent back to Afganistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before November 16th. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident...I do have the title , clear, under my name. The Denali has 35,000 miles VIN# 1GKEK63U16J138428 .
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4,300. The car is in Baltimore, MD, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Regards!!!

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it at this price($2,980.00 ) because I have been divorced recently. Now the car is in my property and as a woman i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title.

From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20,000.00 The final price that I want for this car is $2,980.00 including shipping and handling.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.

I will wait your answer very soon.

Looks very familier , It is just that this is the first time I have seen this . I have found some good stuff on C/L , I guess I need to be even more careful .

Flippin ' scammers , If they put half as much effort into a real job .

• boyscout862, oldedeeres, stiemmy and 1 other said thanks

#8 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Permanent Lurker

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 552 Thanks
  • 616 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 12:08 PM

Same ones were on my local CL.  

35 of them.

35 of them were on my local CL, posted in the past 12 hrs.  

I flagged every one of them.

• ericjr16 said thank you

#9 Diesel1050 OFFLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 378 Thanks
  • 418 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 12:11 PM

107 between Maine and New Hampshire today!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  • ericjr16 said thank you

#10 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,748 Thanks
  • 5,583 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 12:43 PM

Yep, when I see them, they usually will put a Gmail address right on the picture and then a ridiculously low price. Most of the ones I see are usually a $15-20,000 john deer tractor for $2500, instant flag and removal!

• boyscout862, Dane in PA and ericjr16 have said thanks

#11 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 1,355 Thanks
  • 1,497 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 01:25 PM

same here tractors and john deere gator at very low prices

• boyscout862 said thank you

#12 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • 1,562 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 01:39 PM

Yes , I wrote back that I'd like to meet and see this 'trailer' here is the response :

I'm a flight attendant for American Airlines and because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. Before leaving I had pre-arranged a deal with amazon so my presence is not necessary. The tractor is in their possession ready to be delivered. amazon will handle this transaction for me. The total amount that you will pay is $1500 with shipping and transfer fees included. You will receive the tractor in max 48 hours and you will have the chance to inspect it for 5 days. The amazon department will hold and insure your money throughout the inspection. If by any reason you find something you don't like about the tractor you can send it back at my expense and amazon will send you a full refund. I'm sure it won't be the case because the tractor is in excellent condition. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, user's manual etc). You will receive all the original documents. I signed all the paperwork and the clear title is ready to be transferred to the new owner.

If you are interested in buying my tractor please send me your full name, full shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with amazon and they will reply you with more details and information about this transaction.

Thanks, hope to do business with you soon!

Not even very good at the scam.

• boyscout862, HANKG, ericjr16 and 1 other said thanks

#13 ericjr16 OFFLINE  

ericjr16
  • Member No: 54135
  • 1,049 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 02:45 PM

My area CL is also hammered today! Merry Christmas from the butthats behind this! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • boyscout862 and Randy_m have said thanks

#14 Diesel1050 OFFLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 378 Thanks
  • 418 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 02:47 PM

There was one for a Polaris RZR side by side today, apparently it has "Sexy alloy chrome carbeurator" and "A bedlined bucket". Also has the same motor specs as a 2001 Grand Marquis....

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  • boyscout862, ericjr16 and MGP59DB have said thanks

#15 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,754 Thanks
  • 894 posts

Posted December 07, 2016 - 06:48 PM

the best scam i replyed to was for a tractor with loader on craigs list last year, it was a picture of my tractor sitting in my backyard, it did make me take a look and see if it was still there, i had advertized it on kijiji, there are a ton of ads on buffalo craigs list right now

Edited by farmer john, December 07, 2016 - 06:49 PM.

• MH81 and ericjr16 have said thanks