• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mauser1111_*

Guest_mauser1111_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:15 PM

Anyone have an massey 7 with the original headlights, and if so what route does the wire take to get to the headlights from the switch? I am working on a restore and would like to try to get it close to original as possible. Pics would be great if possible, Thanks.

#2 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2451
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:33 PM

Sorry, my 7G has no head lights. Check with IamSherwood. His may have headlights.

#3 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:43 PM

My 8 had just one clip that hooked to the cover on the head and it just kinda laid there on top of it all. Although, if added as a dealer add-on, you may find that there was very little "common" installation in the way they were done.

#4 NYMalloys OFFLINE  

NYMalloys

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 126
  • 28 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 07:07 PM

Here are some pictures of the wiring for my MF-7. I replaced the wiring from the switch to the left headlight, but followed the path which the original had taken. Whether it had been moved prior to that, I don't know, though I will say that the route it takes puts it in the path of the edge of the hood, which is why the original wiring needed to be replaced. The only wiring clip is on the top left of the grill. There is no clip on the head as described in the previous post. There doesn't seem to ever have been, though it would seem to be a good idea and would probably prevent the wire from being crimped by the hood. I have been working on my MF-7, that is why the fuel tank/tank bracket and carburetor are off. 04212011 078.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 04212011 079.jpg

#5 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 07:14 PM

Sorry, my 7G has no head lights. Check with IamSherwood. His may have headlights.

No headlights on my 8. Sorry, can't help you out.