• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Python00 OFFLINE  

Python00

• Member No: 3650
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hey guys new to the forum but I have got a JD 314 and a Kubota 1400 and just picked up a G2000, It looks in decent shape I got home checked all the fluid levels,greesed the fittings I could find, sharpened the blades and mowed the front lawn and around the barn before the tension er spring on the deck broke. I don't know if this is a good sign but I will try to pick one up in the morning at the Hardware Store. I was looking around for the manuals and looks like 16-20$ each I would like to know how to raise the deck height. It is mowing about 2", its hydro deck but I am not sure about how the deck wheels supposed to be, "floating or are they made to be on the ground."

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:14 PM

Python00, Welcome to GTtalk, I don't know about the hydro deck's on Kubota, but somone on here will answer you shortly.. Thanks for joining the best place to talk GT's....

#3 Python00 OFFLINE  

Python00

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 06:39 PM

Well so far I have fixed the carb problem, "motor kept revving up and down", the parking brake was not hooked up and I found out the pivot point in the back was froze up, I really needed small piece of pipe to use as a spacer but only had brass and did not think it would last long so I grabbed an old cheap socket and it will due until I get to the store.
It now runs like a new mower and I really like using it but for the trim work I will stay with the 314 just seems to use a lot less gas than the G2000.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:08 PM

Python00,:welcometogttalk:

Glad to have you with us.

I'm not sure about that model, but the GR model Kubota's gauge wheels are supposed to be set at about 1/4" - 1/2" from the ground.

#5 Python00 OFFLINE  

Python00

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 10:33 AM

Python00,:welcometogttalk:

I'm not sure about that model, but the GR model Kubota's gauge wheels are supposed to be set at about 1/4" - 1/2" from the ground.

Ya the gauge wheels seem lower than the ones on my other mowers, while they are not touching the ground they are real close. I will be replacing two of them soon.

#6 dubyaD OFFLINE  

dubyaD

• Member No: 4482
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:17 AM

Looking for help and found this forum. Lots of knowledge on here! I have a question for Python : Can you tell me what you did to fix the "motor kept revving up and down" carb problem? or what was the cause? - I am going to be taking down and cleaning the carb in the next couple of days and was curious if I am on the correct path. My assumption is needles being clogged or some type of fuel delivery problem, wether in the carb or before in the lines or filter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:22 AM

dubyaD, Welcome to GT talk, Glad you found us. A couple things I would look at is, check the throttle shaft for play. If there is a lot of clearance in it, you will have idle issues, because it will suck in air and mess up the mixture. I would be very careful and use something like a torch tip cleaner to clean all the passages out, making sure not to use to big of cleaner wire and enlarge the passage. I hope this is helpful to you.

#8 dubyaD OFFLINE  

dubyaD

• Member No: 4482
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the idea, checked the shaft and seems ok, no play. For further explination: the problem is that the engine will rev up and back down in a consistent pattern when it happens. This seems to only be when the engine is warmed up and the pto is off. Kind of hard to explain sound in text but its like a brrrrr......brrrrrr.......brrrrrr as if you were moving the throttle shaft up and down from turtle to rabbit over and over but the shaft is positioned at top all times. This problem exists regardless of driving or being stationary. If you were to engage the deck when this is happening the idle levels out and all seems as normal but when the deck is disengaged again the problem arises again.

I hope i am making some sense! Thanks for any help in advance.

#9 Python00 OFFLINE  

Python00

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 13, 2011 - 10:38 PM

Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the idea, checked the shaft and seems ok, no play. For further explination: the problem is that the engine will rev up and back down in a consistent pattern when it happens. This seems to only be when the engine is warmed up and the pto is off. Kind of hard to explain sound in text but its like a brrrrr......brrrrrr.......brrrrrr as if you were moving the throttle shaft up and down from turtle to rabbit over and over but the shaft is positioned at top all times. This problem exists regardless of driving or being stationary. If you were to engage the deck when this is happening the idle levels out and all seems as normal but when the deck is disengaged again the problem arises again.

I hope i am making some sense! Thanks for any help in advance.

Sorry about not getting back on sooner but have been busy but I sent you a PM here is a pic of the carb outlined in red is the screw you want to take out and make sure is not stopped up.
DSC043272.jpg

#10 farmtoybuilder OFFLINE  

farmtoybuilder

• Member No: 4850
  • 12 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 08:42 AM

Rear gauge wheels set Mower deck height (different holes in tube and shaft) and run on the ground all the time. And they (wheels)last a long time if greased regularly. Sounds like you need to remove carburetor and have it thoroughly cleaned! They don't like smallest bit of dirt or gunk! You could try a can of spray carb cleaner on it. But normally the main jet tube with fine holes will need to be removed and cleaned. We only sold a couple G2000's as we preferred diesel's and no problems with spark plugs and carbs! If you need anything else you can pm me or email.

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 10:14 AM

farmtoybuilder,:welcometogttalk:

#12 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 12:49 PM

:wave: Python00, dubyaD, farmtoybuilder Welcome to GTT! We're glad to have all of you on the forum! I must've missed this thread on the first go 'round. It's good to see some Kubota folks on here too! If it's not too much trouble, you could post the problems, suggestions, and solutions here in this thread instead of via PM or E-Mail, that way we can all learn from the experience :smile1: We hope that you enjoy the forum and find it as helpful and friendly as we do.

#13 farmtoybuilder OFFLINE  

farmtoybuilder

• Member No: 4850
  • 12 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 04:13 PM

Will do! And look forward to helping anyone and providing any information I can. Looks like a Great site for all!

#14 budvoss OFFLINE  

budvoss

• Member No: 6995
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 18, 2011 - 05:04 PM

wow glad i found this placeI just bought a g 2,000 basket case gas powered. It had fire damage and now I'm putting it back together. I do have a 23 hp diesel motor that I can put on but so far, the gas engine is running fine I had no idea how to adjust the mower glad I looked at the site.