Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

So, did any one here get the prize from southern Wis?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DL-North ONLINE  

DL-North
  • Member No: 78316
  • 56 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 08:39 PM

I responded within 2 hours of the ad being placed, no response.  The ad is now gone.

Dan 

#2 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,746 Thanks
  • 5,471 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 09:03 PM

http://gardentractor...2000-wisconsin/

• DL-North said thank you

#3 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Member No: 2194
  • 2,734 Thanks
  • 1,997 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 10:22 PM

Been a bunch of guys that replied,no one got an answer,little suspicious, hope somebody here gets an answer
  • DL-North said thank you

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,198 Thanks
  • 2,275 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 11:22 AM

Hopefully he's not just phishing for email and phone numbers from respondents  :(

#5 ClassicBolens ONLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 48806
  • 1,350 Thanks
  • 489 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hopefully he's not just phishing for email and phone numbers from respondents :(

It's possible, however doesn't seem typical that a scammer would go through the trouble of knowing Bolens tractor model numbers and using terms such as NOS. Hopefully something or someone will come forward with some pictures or hard evidence to prove this real or not.
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#6 bonusbuilt1950 OFFLINE  

bonusbuilt1950
  • Member No: 82972
  • 376 Thanks
  • 184 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 01:53 PM

Sure sounds like a scam. I see tractors and camp trailers listed on C/list for really low prices, way under what they're worth all the time. Probably copied the pic and text from a legit ad. Wouldn't be the first time someone did this. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#7 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,746 Thanks
  • 5,471 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 05:50 PM

It's possible, however doesn't seem typical that a scammer would go through the trouble of knowing Bolens tractor model numbers and using terms such as NOS. Hopefully something or someone will come forward with some pictures or hard evidence to prove this real or not.

I have seen a scam 1886 in my state before.    They also do it with Chevy S10 I seen a lot of those looking for my truck.  .  

• Bolens 1000 and ClassicBolens have said thanks

#8 captaindemo17 OFFLINE  

captaindemo17
  • Member No: 78684
  • 31 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 06:28 PM

You would think that pictures of that 1455 would have surfaced already. I believe it was a scam or someone that wanted a kick 

• Bolens 1000 and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#9 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8592
  • 3,320 Thanks
  • 906 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 07:03 PM

I'd think anybody owning the 1455 would be claiming bragging rights somewhere, even an 'I know the person who bought it' post somewhere. AND the vast majority of us if scored on the 1455 would have figured out how to own a 13 hour HDT 1000 !! Plastic still on the seat? I bought a new Bolens GT albeit it was the 90's and Gardenway they didn't have plastic on the seats,
Todd did they come thru with plastic on seats then ? Curious.
Estate sales or executors of estates don't piecemeal do they? Not that I've seen. I'm writing it off
( till proven wrong , which is no problem ) that an over active imagination semi jack job put the
' What if ' in writing, got to admit I've done a little daydreaming of how cool it would be to find what has been advertised in these posts, think about it...

Edited by WrenchinOnIt, June 06, 2017 - 01:20 PM.

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix and Austen have said thanks

#10 ClassicBolens ONLINE  

ClassicBolens
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 48806
  • 1,350 Thanks
  • 489 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 07:44 PM

I have seen a scam 1886 in my state before.    They also do it with Chevy S10 I seen a lot of those looking for my truck.  .  

I've seen plenty as well. But usually they copy someone else's ad or photos to use in their scam. I agree this ad seems sketchy at best, but so far no underlying scam has come forth from it.... yet.

I'd think anybody owning the 1455 would be claiming bragging rights somewhere, even an 'I know the person who bought it' post somewhere. AND the vast majority of us if scored on the 1455 would have figured out how to own a 13 hour HDT 1000 !! Plastic still on the seat? I bought two new Bolens GT's albeit it was the 90's and Gardenway they didn't have plastic on the seats, the 1669 was still in a crate in the warehouse.
Todd did they come thru with plastic on seats then ? Curious.
Estate sales or executors of estates don't piecemeal do they? Not that I've seen. I'm writing it off
( till proven wrong , which is no problem ) that an over active imagination semi jack job put the
' What if ' in writing, got to admit I've done a little daydreaming of how cool it would be to find what has been advertised in these posts, think about it...

If the executor is a family member, child, sibling etc., it is very possible that are doing this per the owners wishes or trying to forego estate taxes that would be inevitable if they held an estate sale.

As for the plastic on the seats, almost every one I recall up to the very last Troybilt GTX tractors had the seats still wrapped in plastic while in the crate. 

I think we're all in agreement that we would love to see these tractors if indeed they are legit. In fact, I'm pretty sure more than a few of us are drooling at the opportunity just to see them. Hopefully something will surface soon. If not, well... if this is someone's idea of a joke or scam, may they suffer an itch that a years supply of medicated powder won't cure! 

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, Austen and 1 other said thanks

#11 DL-North ONLINE  

DL-North
  • Member No: 78316
  • 56 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 09:38 PM

I agree, my 1st thought on seeing the ad was WOW, the 4th and 5th was Hmmmm, this seems a bit too good to be true.

But I do hope the story gets finished for us, and it's not just a complete scam job.

Dan