Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for July 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#61 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 07:28 AM

OK guys and gals .. this is the last day to "SHOW YOUR COLORS".
I realize the contest is set for July because of our patriotic 4th of July Holiday but this contest isn't just for USA tractors.
There are a lot of members here from other countries.

Lets see some patriotic colors from other countries.
They can be the colors on the tractor itself or any tractor that is displayed with the flag from your country.

So get your tractor out in the yard with it proudly displayed with your flag and get some nice photos to post here.
........ Time is running out. ................

#62 Trent Thomson OFFLINE  

Trent Thomson

• Member No: 2375
  • 188 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 07:53 AM

I'll agree with that . July 1st is a major holiday on this side of the border. We must have lots more red and white tractors up here.

#63 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 08:08 PM

Seems like some stiff competition but since there doesn't seem to be others rolling in I will nominate my 1964 Cub Cadet 100. I use this tractor for mowing duties every week at my property as well as to mow my neighbors lawn. I also do some custom mowing for a friend once every other week with at well. In the winter it see's snow duty behind a 42 inch blade and I also use it at plowdays as well. It also sees work in front of a lawn cart and pulling my lawn sweeper and it has attended a few shows and been in parades as well.

It started off it's life as a model 70 but when I acquired it the engine was long gone and it was no more than a rollling chassis. I had an old K241 Kohler from a Wheel Horse in the shop so I dropped that in instead of the 7hp. With the exception of the engines a 70 and a 100 were the same machines so I have no guilt over calling this a 100 now instead of a 70. There were no fenders on it when I purchased it and the steering wheel was badly crooked as well as the hood being damaged. I fixed the hood and opted to change the steering wheel out to one from a later model 82 series and boy does it make a difference in steering. It feels so much lighter now than before. I also decided very early on in the project to paint it like a CaseIH tractor. Changing the colors and the steering wheel was part of making it look more modern and to change it to something different. I also changed 2nd gear from the low speed found in 100's to the high speed gear set from a 106.

100_1377.jpg
100_1378.jpg

#64 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 08:11 PM

Good job getting the nominations in guys. I am going to close the thread and will start the voting thread tomorrow. Great nominations guys :D

#65 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 01:34 PM

I opened the thread back up because it is going to be this evening until I get a chance to post the voting thread so if you would still like to nominate your tractor please do so, I will be posting the voting thread around 7 tonight.

#66 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 02:34 PM

I would like to nominate my panzer 1107 and murray 11/36.

The murray on the right is the tractor my dad and I restored a year ago. It is a 1978 model and has a 11 hp briggs that is all original. It is sporting a american flag in the hood and ol glory behind her. This tractor by itself says america with its red paint and its MADE IN THE U.S.A sticker.

The tractor on the left is a 196? panzer 1107. This tractor hasn't been in the colection for long, but is one of my favorites. In the photo it is sporting american flags on the deck lift and the drive control. It is also blue and with the murray beside it the colors make red, white, and blue.

Photo0269.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo0267.jpg
  • Photo0265.jpg
  • Photo0268.jpg
  • Photo0266.jpg

#67 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 04:58 PM

Nice job on the Murray. Don't see to many of those getting fixed up.

#68 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 05:17 PM

Ok, I'm nominating for two people. First 1 is Member"Tex Tractor Jack". My dad's 1969 John Deere 112Patio, with Hydro lift .The Patio Series was the brain child of Deere to get the suburban area market's to buy a JD, but not in it's classic Green and Yellow. The market strategies failed terribly and Deere quit producing them only after 3 years. The Custom Color (Patio) Series is one of the most popular tractor to collect, not only for Deere collectors, but collectors of all brands.

We got this tractor at the local JD dealer in my home town. I had stopped by to check on suitcase weights. It was sitting there just waiting for me to take her home. We are planning a full restoration in the future, but for now it will stay in her work clothes. She does have hydraulic lift, which was an option that not a lot of these tractors have on them.

P6130009.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• P6130006.jpg

Edited by Texas Deere and Horse, June 13, 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#69 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 05:19 PM

Brian, can you do me a favor and separate the two nominations into separate posts? It will make it easier for then it comes time to start the poll. I can do it for you but then it wouldn't be posted under your name.

#70 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 05:23 PM

The second nominee is my Montgomery Wards Hydro 12 made by Gilson Tractor Co. We think it's a 1968, but are not sure of year yet. It has 12 hp. Briggs in it and also has hydraulic lift. The hub caps are factory orginal also.

I got this tractor from my buddy Matt in north TX. on a trade we did a couple months ago. It runs like a champ and pulls as good as any other 12HP tractor I've owned. Up until 3 or 4 months ago, I didn't know a thing about these machines, but they are nice tractors. She is also in her original work clothes.

P6130009.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• P6130008.jpg

Edited by Texas Deere and Horse, June 13, 2011 - 05:30 PM.

#71 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 05:24 PM

Thanks Brian :D